More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Sorenus Sorenus

Who are you, and what's next?

Someone who never should’ve gotten the Stone

You chuckle evilly as you pocket the stone into your hoody, grasping it between both hands, and head to the town plaza. You figure the stone’s legend is full of shit, but you might as well test it out anyways. It’s a long-shot, but it’d be better to look like a fool if it was a hoax, then to pass up near-godhood if it was the truth.

Arriving at the plaza with your hood over your head, pulled down so that nobody can see your face, you take a seat at the bench, and spot a normal girl walking through the plaza. Based on her uniform, she’s on her way to school. She looks maybe 18 years old, with brown hair, brown eyes, and a casual attitude. You focus on her and mutter, “Her hair is blue.”

In an instant, her hair turns a light blue. It doesn’t look died, but completely natural. A young girl of maybe 9, who was being lead through the plaza by her mother immediately caught sight of the change, and let go of her mother’s hand to run over to the girl and ask her how she made her hair blue.

After realizing her change, the teenager begins to freaks out, slowly drawing more and more of a crowd, and creating a commotion. You grin, sitting on your bench, and quickly come up with a list of tests to run.

  1. Can you alter a person physically?
  2. Can you alter a person mentally and emotionally?
  3. Can you alter events?
  4. Can you alter the past?
  5. Can you alter the rules and principles this world is built upon, also known as science?

Your first test already answered test one, with a pass.

Next, you focus on a couple of maybe 20 years of age walking into the plaza, and smile almost cruelly.

“The girl brought her boyfriend here to kill him publicly. She has no feelings for him, the whole relationship is merely an act. However, despite her murdering him, nobody will turn her in, and she’ll get off scot-free.”

You watch as the two pause in the center of the plaza, and begin talking. Meanwhile, in the corner of your eye, you watch the now blue-haired girl sprint away, tears in her eyes at the unwanted attention and sudden unexplainable change.

Soon your attention returns to the couple, but as five minutes pass, you begin to get frustrated at the lack of going on. Perceiving the test as a failure, you’re about to turn away, when suddenly the girl pulls a switch knife out of her pocket, and stabs her boyfriend in the heart. His eyes widen, and his breathing cuts. He barely musters up the strength to mouth “Why?”

You hear a scream, and everybody turns in the direction it came from, to see a middle-aged lady pointing at the . Other people begin screaming, and within a minute, the is the center of attention. But nobody seems to pull out their phones, or move to alert anybody, they just stare in shock and fear as they begin to talk hushedly, asking those close by if this is real.

With a blank face, the once normal girlfriend-turned-murderer just closes and pockets the knife, before striding out of the plaza. Those nearby to her scramble over themselves to move out of her way.

With all attention away from you, and your second and third tests successful, you mutter, “I am in my own room.” You blink, and no longer are you surrounded by the clammed of the masses, but are in your rundown apartment, one that’s sanitary and safety standards barely meet legality at the best of times.

Grinning, you realize that your teleportation was a clear bending of physics, and checks off the fifth test on your list. All that’s left is to alter the past. Still gripping the stone, you say “In the 1930s, a political debate caused Washington State to split into North Washington and South Washington.”

You pull up your phone, go to google, and lo and behold-Wikipedia informs you that in 1930s, a political debate over the social projects created by FDR to save the American economy caused Washington to split, and even created a 3rd major political party called the Franklins. While they never had a president, they’ve consistently taken 10-20% of total American votes in the presidential election, and have had an influence on which party won the election as a result.

You grin. The man who gave you the stone was an idiot. Maybe the stone was only meant to appear to those who were good and worthy, but maybe next time, the stone should at least check to see that whom it appeared for would be smart enough to not let such powers full into the wrong hands. For now you were in control, and it was time to secure your grasp on these powers.

How do you secure your powers?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)