More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ben Rosewood Ben Rosewood

Who is it and what does she want?

Rita, a new mother

"Uh, hey there." A nervous voice said. Spencer turned to see a slender Hispanic woman who had a flow of curly brown hair, olive skin, and bold brown eyes. Despite her professional attire, she had a nervous smile, and eyes that seemed to wander around her new surroundings.

"Hey. I uhh... don't believe we've met."

"Rita." The woman replied. "I've just moved to Avonwick."

"Spencer."

"Right. Pleasure to meet you Spencer."

"Pleasure's all mine."

"Well anyway, was just wondering if you know anyone who could put a door back on its hinges."

"Well sure I'd be happy to help."

"If it's not too much trouble... I mean I don't mean to bother-"

"It's fine Rita."

She took a deep breath. "Right. Thanks." Her words are followed by an awkward chuckle.

"What time did you have in mind?"

"Oh ummm... what suits you?"

"10 o'clock fine?"

"Yeah... that works for me."

"So where's your place?"

"Oh, it's not exactly my place. I'm a realtor."

"Ahhh, hate to say this but I'm not exactly a certified tradesman."

"Well, no one has to know, right?"

"Right."

"Well, the place is at 111 Winchester Avenue."

"I'll see you there."

"See you."

Back home, Spencer gathered the tools he figured he'd need. With a bit of time to spare, Spencer pondered what was going on with Rita? Whilst he respected how nervous a new setting could make someone, part of him found concern in how anxious she appeared, especially for a realtor who'd deal with people on a day to day basis. In an odd, yet painful way, it reminded him of when he lost Kirstin, from the awkward pauses to the anxious tone in her voice. There was something 'off' with Rita, and he wasn't sure he wanted to learn the reason why.

What happens at 111 Winchester Avenue?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)