More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Ben Rosewood Ben Rosewood

What happens at 111 Winchester Avenue?

Things are easy at first

Spencer pulled up at the address, finding a two-story house with Rita waiting by the porch. She gave Spencer a wave and a beaming smile that he'd expect from a realtor, yet foreign from the nervous woman he had just met. As he approached, Rita said "Hey Spencer."

"I didn't keep you waiting?"

"Not at all. Come on in."

Spencer followed Rita inside, being led to the bedroom door which had come loose.

"So, this is it." Rita said.

"Alright, I'll get to work."

"You need anything?"

"I should be right."

"Okay. I'll leave you to it. I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything."

"Sure."

"Thanks Spence."

Rita left Spencer, who began work right away. A few screws and a bit of drilling later, Spencer walked around the house, trying to find the kitchen. Once he finally got there, he found Rita looming over a bunch of paperwork.

"Done." Spencer flashed a smile as Rita turned to him.

"Oh, that was quick."

"Yeah, a pretty easy job. Wanna check on it?"

"Sure."

Rita followed Spencer back to the bedroom to inspect his work. As she plays with the door, she says "That's perfect Spencer. Just what I needed."

"Glad I could help."

"So, how much?"

"Ah, don't worry about it."

"You sure?"

"Actually, you much of a cook?"

Rita let out a laugh, before saying "Why's that?"

"Well, I'd appreciate a nice lunch. You know, after all that hard work."

With smile, Rita began nodding. "I think we can work something out."

"Thanks. Shall I come around later?"

"Eh, I wouldn't mind some company actually."

"What about that paperwork."

"Nothing urgent." Rita said with a shrug.

"Fair enough."

"How about we head to my place?"

"Sure. Where do you live?"

"Right across the road actually."

"Heh. Guess their selling up in this neighborhood?"

"Yeah..." Rita chuckled for a second. "I'll just get my paperwork."

"Sure."

As Spencer followed Rita around, her new outgoing demeanor sunk in on him. She seemed almost like a completely different woman to the one he'd just met this morning. Whilst in a way the change was a welcome one, Spencer did find it odd. He couldn't help but wonder what was going on with Avonwick's newest citizen.

What do the two talk about?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)