More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Forcy Forcy

But first, who are you?

Alexander Novak, a Normality Psychic (Main thread)

Your name is Alexander Novak and you are a psychic with limited powers of normality in your mid-20s. You used to be a Tour guide in Panama City, Panama and you first discovered your powers shortly after you turned 22 years old when you accidentally used your powers to convince a complete stranger to give you her lottery ticket that was worth a billion dollars by joking that it was normal for her to share that with him. Suffice to say, your jaw dropped to the floor that day.

Since then, you used your money to explore the world and continued to experiment more with your psychic ability. So far, you have discovered a few key limitations. For starters, your powers don't affect the universe itself. You couldn't just say something like, "It is normal for the sky to turn red on Tuesdays" and it would happen. It only affected the behavior of people and they had to be able to hear you, as your tests with deaf people proved. Commanding people that didn't understand enough of the language you were using to speak to them was also outside your scope since you can't transmit your command to their minds. But if they could hear and understand you then changing important things to them like their world views became as easy to you as breathing.

Also, for some reason, your abilities were a lot weaker on men. They usually snapped out of it in just a few minutes, so you had to be very careful in those time-sensitive moments. You are still not entirely sure why your normalized control seems a lot more absolute on women but since your grip on the minds of men has become slightly stronger since your powers first manifested, you suspect you will get better as you grow older.

Unfortunately, it seems you won't get that level of experience fast enough to your liking, as the zombie apocalypse you were warned about has begun. So, you will have to be more careful with potentially hostile male survivors. And yes, after a quick check, you managed to confirm your powers of normality were completely useless on the undead.

Thankfully, that early warning enabled you to use your massive wealth to prepare a network of shelters just in time. By the time the government couldn't cover up this crisis fast enough anymore and containment failed, you and everyone you choose to take in will be better prepared than most.

Where are you now?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)