More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 18 by cphi cphi

What's next?

Jack's apology.

Karen shrugs him off in a huff, stalking to the door and leaving the restaurant.
"What? What's the problem?"
"You need to check yourself, Jack." Jenna adopts a no nonsense tone. {if FoursomePlan =1
}"There could be some good stuff coming your way, but your cruising for a lonely night if you don't cut your shit." Jack looks like, for once, he might be cluing in, and he wilts under Jenna's gaze. {elseif FoursomePlanB = 1
}"There could be some good stuff coming your way, but your cruising for a lonely night if you don't cut your shit." Jack looks confused, but after a second of Jenna's sharp gaze, he wilts a little.
{else
}"I don't know what goes on in that thick skull of yours, but she's not going to put up with your bullshit behavior forever!" Jenna's being very forward, but all you can do is nod in agreement. Jack wilts a little. {endif
}"You're right... sorry. I'll..." he leaves the restaurant to follow Karen. You and Jenna linger a few minutes before doing the same.
When you get out onto the sidewalk, Jack and Karen are fifty feet or so up the street. Jack is talking in a low voice, and Karen isn't looking at him. His head is down, and his hands are folded in front of him. He seems to be apologizing. Karen says something in an angry voice and it's loud enough to make out the words... "expect you to be someone else. I know who I married..." and then "...control yourself."
Jack continues, quietly. Jenna snakes an arm around you and speaks in a low voice.
"They really do love each other, you know. Warts and all. When it's good, it's very good. But neither one is very good at self-control." You look down at her. "It's not just Jack. Karen's had her share of... misadventures."
"Wow. I guess I wouldn't have thought."
"They make it work. But Jack's been acting shittier than usual lately. Like... flirting in front of her and staying out late with no explanation. It's like... he's escalating."
You look in surprise as Karen wraps arms around Jack, and kisses him. He must have said something right, you guess.
"That's.... so strange."
{if HallPass = 1
}"Is it...though?" she looks up at you, with a secret smile on her lips.
"Our situation... is a little different, don't you think?"
"Only because we're approaching it differently." she muses. "With honesty."
You chuckle. "Well, some honesty at least." {elseif JxJHotwife = 1
}"Um...have you forgotten...our situation, baby?"
You look down, and then nod. "I guess you're right. Can't really judge."
{else
}"It's not something I could do...but she's made her peace with it, after a fashion. And like I said...she's no angel, either."
{if JxJCool = 1
}No angel. Your heart hurts as you think about the texts again. Is it just inevitable? Is fidelity a pipe dream? On both sides? {endif
}{endif
}Your sister-in-law and her husband come back over.
"We all good?" Jenna asks, pointedly.
"Yeah." the two say in unison.
"Then let's get a move on. {if MoreDancing =1
}The Uber will be here in 5 minutes to takes us to the club." {else
} The place is only four blocks north."{endif
}

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)