More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by meriones meriones

What's next?

Maya: Rescued?

Mechanics This is an expected scene and there are no rules or mechanics at play in this scene. Play after this chapter.


Maya could see the shadowy figures drawing near, but she could do nothing. Her hands and feet were bound, her lips were gagged. Their movements were swift and calculated. Her heart pounded, a mix of fear and anticipation. Still there was nothing she could do but wait and watch.

A hooded figure slit the throat of one the derro.

The cave erupted into shouts. A group of armored figures burst into the cavern, their swords flashing in the dim light. Spells crackled through the air, accompanied by shouts and cries of pain. Maya's heart leaped with a flicker of hope as she watched her would-be rescuers fight valiantly against her captors.

The battle was brief. The second sentry did not fall as silently as the first.

In the midst of the melee, a figure clad in gleaming armor approached Maya, swiftly cutting through her bonds and freeing her. She was relieved beyond words, stumbling to her feet, limbs stiff from being bound

"Are you hurt?" the armored figure asked, his voice brusque.

Maya shook her head.

"Good," he said. Then, he patted her on the shoulder and stood, "You'll have to make your own way out. Our journey takes us deeper into the caves. The way out is far, but it should be clear."

The armored figure turned and left, leaving Maya alone and bewildered. She looked around the cavern, taking in the lifeless bodies of her captors scattered on the ground. Her heart raced as she realized she was free.

"Move out!" The man called.

Maya took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves as she watched the armored man and his companions disappear into the darkness. Alone now, she scanned her surroundings, taking in the eerie silence that settled over the cave.

She looked around, her eyes adjusting to the dim light. The cave was still filled with the lifeless bodies of her captors, their blood staining the ground. She could see the flickering light of the torches, illuminating the dark corners of the cave.

She rubbed some of the soreness from her wrists and looked around. She was trying to scan the area quickly, looking for anything that might aid her survival. Her gaze landed on a small backpack lying near the feet of one of the more humanoid corpses.

She reached for the backpack and opened it -- a bedroll, tightly bound with leather straps lay near some rations. Taking up much of the pack, though was a folded set of leathers. She quickly donned them.

Find: leather armor, backpack, rations (3).

Maya adjusted the leathers, feeling the comforting weight of the armor settling against her skin. It was a stark contrast to being bound and defenseless just moments ago. Yet, she didn’t linger. With determined steps, she set out in the direction the adventurers had come from.

They said the way was clear…

Scene wrap-up We add to our threads: 'Maya needs a master' & 'Escape the cave' We focus on 'Escape the cave'

Please log in to view the image

We won't add adventurers - we like the idea of them failing and dying.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)