More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by sumedokin sumedokin

He produced...?

Nothing.

Richard had been digging through his pocket for a while, and the dramatic pause he had prepared for this resolution turned into an awkward one. Even so he was determined not to let it ruin this moment. He searched his other pocket, as well as his back pocket and even the pocket on his chest. Nothing could be found.
He smiled nervously towards Becky, who fortunately did not seem yet bothered by this sudden pause. She smiled back. He nervously looked around the beach... he couldn't seriously had dropped that thing? It cost him four months pay, and there was no way he would have just have it drop from his pocket. "...sorry, I knew I had it somewhere..." Richard exhaled and scratched the back of his neck.

"It's fine, really... Richard I... " Becky's answer halted, she had spotted something in the corner of her eyes. "Is... is that it?" Becky pointed at a shimmering spot a few paces behind them. Richard couldn't believe his eyes. He really did drop it!

The silver ring was picked up by a gentle looking woman who knelt on the sand, turning to face the ocean so she could behold it in the twilight. Her physique, while not void of curves, could only be described as petite though her bust was remarkable in size as well. Her neck-length aquamarine hair fell down either side of her face in a pair of pigtails, a long string of white pearls tied loosely around her neck over a low cut yellow amber dress that revealed her rather impressive bust and ended in a skirt short enough to end just below her hips. Everything about this woman screamed gentle and meek; everything of course but the plated shell she carried on her back like a backpack, apparently made of solid dark green rock, but since she carried it around so effortlessly even that fact failed to disturb the image of a graceful maiden the lady exuded.

"Hey!" Richard yelled at the turtle woman and waved his hand. Alarmed by this yelling she became flustered, and her head as well as all of her limbs retreated into the shell along with the ring she was holding.
"Hey! Give that back!" Richard yelled again and sprinted towards the green fortress that was surrounding the lady. While there Richard knelt down and looked into the hole where the woman's head had retreated "Hey, can you please come out there? I promise I won't hurt you." Richard's attempt to muster his calmest and most patient tone could not overcome the clear agitation of his now flustered state, and he ended up sounding much more forceful than he intended. The woman's lips trembled and she shook her head. Richard sighed in frustration. "Please? I just want that ring, it's mine you see and I sort of need it now so if you could just... come out there and give it, I'll be on my way... all right?" The woman retreated further into her shell. "Look miss... if you don't come out, I'm getting you out." Richard said, his fluster increasing.
"Richard, no..." Becky interjected, "Just... forget it, I don't need that ring, I'll..."
"Becky... I love you, and you deserve a perfect moment. And that's what I'm gonna give you no matter what." Having found the turtle girl won't come back out, Richard pushes his hand into the shell and reaches further inside. From what Richard can see she is now whimpering and trembling, but he really won't give up, instead reaching further and further inside. "Almost got it... I almost..."Richard reached his arm into the shell all the way to the shoulder, and he thought maybe he would see reason and give it in his hand.
Nothing happened still, but if he could grab her and get her out he could still save the evening.

A tap on his shoulder disturbed Richard's focus. "Really dear, it's fine. In just one second I..." Richard stopped himself when he realized the tap on his shoulder wasn't that of his fiance. In fact it wasn't a human hand at all, felt more slimey, almost like... like...

...like what?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)