More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TamusBeard TamusBeard

Who finds the remote?

Natalie Valentine, 25, A Cashier who can't catch a break

Walking home from work I sit and ponder life. I went to College without any idea what I wanted to do and failed then grabbed a job at a local mall store to earn a living while still living in my parents at home. I'm honestly lucky to have the few friends due to my social skills being just passable enough for my job. I've got decent strength and an average intelligence though I didn't have the focus to use it. My looks would describe me as a typical nerdy girl with glasses, freckles, small chest, frizzy hair, though my best feature is my but which gets the occasional compliment when they see past my dull exterior. I'm just plain average and don't expect that to change soon.

Suddenly I find myself in front of an old antique shop with a sign that read 'Tricky Treasures'. Obviously leaning into that whole one man's trash bit but seeing as how i was in no rush i decided to go in.

The inside of this place is incredible. If i was more into the occult or paranormal I would say everything here gave off a pulse. The shop was filled with artifacts that jumped right out of fiction like genie's lamps, Tome of ancient lore, exotic plants, bubbling liquid vials and even weird technology. I look around the store overwhelmed by all of the unique albeit unmarked items I see wondering where the clerk was.

After walking around for a few minutes, I feel the draw of a pulse bringing me to some of the weird technology from before. As I look I see I'm drawn to a remote with two buttons and a decent sized screen although the overall design reminds me of those old retro handheld games with just with an antenna attached. Though it beyond its simple color scheme of gray case, red/green buttons, and amber tinted screen you notice a gold name like a company on the back which says 'IKOL'.

"I seethe remote has picked you. You would not believe how long it has been since it had a new owner," I hear a voice chuckle from behind me.

I jump slightly and spin around to find a beautiful woman standing behind me. She's a the definition of gorgeous though she hides her beauty with an outfit that makes her look like a librarian. I look at her and notice that for the first time I am not sure of my sexual preference but quit daydreaming to give her attention.

"This thing? What’s so special about it, and why me?" I say

"That is the Random Remote. It has the power to change people. A fun device o add a bit of color to an otherwise dull and dreary world ," the woman says.

"Change people? What does that mean?"

"All you have to do is point the remote at someone and press the green button to lock-on to them. Then press the red button and see what happens."

"Can't you be a bit more specific? How does it work? Is there some kind of limit to what it can do?"

"If I did that it would take away the fun of using it wouldn't it"said the woman.

After much contemplation I decide to go to the counter to purchase the remote to which she say that it is $11.27 which was cheep enough for some entertainment even if it was a fluke.

"An excellent choice. I'm sure you won't regret it. May good luck be with you when you use it," she says with a smile.

As a slip the remote in my pocket, I notice her name tag says Eris but dont think to much of it as I get ready to leave.

"Oh, one more thing: you can only use the remote on a person once! So better think about it before you use it!"

I continue my walk home as I smile thinking what could happen with this remote and who could I test it on.

Who does she use it on first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)