More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by aroes aroes

Who is calling Bridget, and what do they want from her?

My Ex

I look behind myself, and find myself surprised to see who's there; my Ex, Peter. I had no idea he was in the area, let alone lived here. "Hey, Brigit" he called out to me. I a smile his way as we walked to stand by me. "Fancy meeting you here. what brings you into my neck of the woods?", he asked, unabated, as he stopped to stand by me.

"I got a job recently as at one of the local Hospitals. I'm taking a walk through the neighbourhood to check out the area. What about you, Peter? I ask, casually trying to probe into why he was here, hoping he didn't live in the area. It would just be my luck that the only person in town I knew, and it just happens to be my ex.

"Well, I got a job in the area last year, and I own a home nearby, and was about to check for mail when I chanced to see you walking past. Hey, you seeing anyone?"

I paused, tried not to change my expression to his question. "I have been single for the last few months, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Why do you ask?"

"Well, I was wondering if maybe you and I could go out tonight for a movie, perhaps grab soothing to eat, and see how things go from there. I sighed, wondering the best way out of this one. After we partied (a mutual decision, at the time), he has made several attempts at re-uniting with me, and I've brushed them off. He's a decent enough guy, and attractive, but I usually don't go out with any of my exes. Just something I wanted to avoid.

But then again, maybe I could make an exception to that rule. It would certainly help to know a few people in town and places in town. He wasn't half bad when it came to our more intimate moments, ether. I paused, thinking it over.

Should I let my ex back into my life?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)