More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SweptUnderfoot SweptUnderfoot

What now?

Move towards the light

Brushing yourself off, you decide to make for the strange light in the middle of the cavern. Your backpack is lying torn and broken on the ground, so you simply grab your sword in its sheath and attach it to your skirt. You'll have to find some supplies in the near future, but for now you're content from the meal you ate this morning.

It's not easy going, as the rocks on the ground are difficult to find proper footing in the dim light. Steadily growing brighter as you approach the center of the room, the dim glow is an odd off-white color that leaves a strange green tint on the rocks. Within several minutes, you reach the source of the light, as there's a strangely even, disturbingly circular space that is devoid of stalagmites. Even the dirt on the ground appears to form a spiral, centering in on a small, smooth rock, which is glowing with the only light in the room.

Looking in at the center in particular, it appears to simply be a small pebble, one that would easily fit in the palm of your hand. It's emitting a dull glow, not nearly bright enough to hurt your eyes looking at but plenty bright enough to illuminate the cavern, casting long shadows on the distant walls. Perhaps the strangest part is that it appears perfectly smooth, but the surface of the rock almost seems to pulse and shift with the light.

Do you pick up the stone, or leave?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)