More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Arko Arko

Who's been called?

Mitchell King

Mitch received his mandatory Army training letter the day he turned 19. He knew his life was about to change drastically, and he couldn't help but feel a sense of fear and uncertainty. He knew that he would have to say goodbye to his family, potentially for the last time. He had heard that the training was intense and gruelling, pushing all trainees to their limits both physically and mentally. He tried to put on a brave face but inside, he was struggling.a storm of emotions.

His stepfather, Jason, showed him the letter with a glint in his eye, “You're not my problem anymore,” he said with a smile and a cigar hanging out of his mouth.

Mitchell tried to push down the anger that was rising in his chest. He knew that his stepfather never liked him, but he never thought he would be so callous about it. He took a deep breath and tried to ignore the old drunk.

Mitch was of average height and had a slender build. He had curly, dark hair, expressive brown eyes, and an edgy sense of style that his stepfather called queer.

The letter explained that he was being summoned to the medical office the next day and that his parents and guardians should accompany him for the purposes of paperwork.

The next morning, he woke up early, feeling a mix of nervousness and anticipation.As he came down the stairs he saw his stepfather getting ready.

“Your coming too?” Mitch asked, surprised.

“The letter said parents and guardians, didn't it?”

“Yeah, but I doubt they need both of you…”

“Well, that's an assumption." "What have I told you about assuming?”

Mitch shurgged, “Sure, whatever.” He grabbed a piece of toast from the breakfast table and thanked his mother.

She smiled warmly at him.

"Okay, let's get going, your appointment is in 40 minutes.” Jason said, almost unable to stop himself from rubbing his hands together.

Mitch went to grab his trainers and saw that his stepsisters were also putting their shoes on.

“Why the hell are they coming?” Mitch said, “They're old enough to stay at home by themselves!”

“Mind your fucking tongue, boy.” Jason said, snarling. “And if you must know, we were going out for something to eat after your exam. So everyone's coming for the ride."

They arrived at the medical office and waited in the reception with his family. Nerves getting the better of him as he felt his palms slick with sweat.

What's the process here?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)