More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by I_Love_Cats I_Love_Cats

What's next?

Mieruko-Chan

"Mm..." You opened your eyes and looked around your living room, your ghostly form shimmering slightly, and were immediately greeted by the sight of a few ghosts wandering around. "...Man, I hope this won't bite me in the ass..." Thankfully, the powers that be seemed to let you still be invisible, even to fellow ghosts, though you weren't exactly an actual dead ghost. "They were creepy enough in both the manga and anime but wow...nothing beats looking at these guys up close..." You observed some of the ghosts that pervaded your home, seeing their monstrous, twisted, and multi-limbed forms simply meandering about, groaning and screaming every once in a while. "...Yeah, this is nightmare fuel....scary but cool, haha..." You flinched. "Still, probably just gonna...go...yep... they look like they'd chomp me just for fun!" You exited your house and immediately flew up into the sky. "I never thought a story about a girl that could see ghosts would get me so excited to read it...but here I am, how awesome is that~?" You hummed to yourself as you recalled the synopsis of the world you were in.

"Phew...just being around them was nauseating though, haha~! I wonder if that was a passive effect they have or maybe I'm just not used to the sights yet." You laughed as you flew around. "So this is what Miko sees and experiences all the time, huh? Even I have to admit, she's a lot stronger than I am when it comes to dealing with this stuff~! The fact she hasn't died of a heart attack or something just proves that fact too!" You proceeded to check the time; it was still morning time and you figure both Miko and her friend Hana would be on their way to school. "Let's see....what route do they usually walk to get to school...? Ah! Over there...I think? No...okay...maybe this street? Hm...no dice either..." You spent a few moments getting lost and being unable to find even a trace of the two girls. "Huh...well then...where...woah!" In the distance you could spot a rather large white flame.

"...Wait...could it be...?" You immediately headed towards it. "It is! It's Hana's spiritual aura, okay, I admit, that's really cool~!" You stared in awe at the aura for a little bit before realizing it was getting farther away. "Ah! No wonder she attracts spirits or ghosts all the time! She's literally what the flame is to a moth!" You headed towards the aura once again, this time focusing on the pair of girls walking together as they stopped by a light. "Well...at least it'll be easy to find Hana and Miko now...just look for a big aura~!"

You ended up wanting to follow both Miko and Hana to their school, mostly because you were curious where their school actually was just in case you needed to find one or the either. "...I never knew this before but wow...there...there are a LOT of insane looking ghosts here..." You sighed and rubbed your head as you saw a ridiculous amount of ghosts around. "No matter where we go, there's at least one or two just lurking around..."

"Eh...? Y-You can see them...?" Suddenly, you heard a small, shocked voice ask from beside you.

"Huh...?" Your eyes widened in shock, this wasn't right, you were supposed to be invisible to ALL beings in the world while in your ghost form, right? You then quickly turned around to see that instead of trailing behind them, since you got lost in thought, you actually ended up beside Miko and Hana.

"Y-You can see them too....I heard you..right...?" Miko's eyes were wide and was also clearly shocked. "But...what's with that weird, blank mask...?"

"..." There was nothing to say, you were just utterly shocked that she could see you even when the ghosts you've been around and have observed up close weren't able to.

"Miko? Who're you talking to~?" A confused, but bright and cheerful voice spoke next to the black-haired girl.

"Eh? Uhm....just this guy here...Hana." Miko pointed to you in confusion.

"But...nobody's there silly! Are you trying something on me~? Hmmm~?!" Her orange-haired friend pouted but then quickly smiled again. "Well, you aren't gonna get me this time~!"

"Huh....?" Miko then realized her mistake, eyes widening as she briefly glanced back at you.

'I should....probably play the part of a scary ghost now...hm...or I'll just go along with whatever she's going to do...don't wanna scare her that badly.' You thought to yourself, 'Interesting though...I guess I'm wearing a mask of some kind so she doesn't see my face.'

"..." Meanwhile you were just oddly staring at her as you were once again lost in thought.

"Ah...Ahaha... You got me there, Hana! I guess nothing ever gets past you.." Almost immediately, Miko quickly went with the attempt to prank her friend route. Despite her nervousness, she was doing pretty well, all things considered.

"...Guess you can't see me..." You decided to say one of the more common lines spoken by the ghosts once they've been tricked into thinking Miko can't see them. You turned your head away from them and walked ahead, hearing the pair banter, and could already feel a huge sense of relief coming from Miko. Once you got far enough, you turned a corner and hid, waiting for them to pass by before following them again the rest of the way to their school. "Man...I still can't get over the fact that she's capable of actually seeing me." You marveled at that discovery. "Is her sight that powerful? Being able to see ghosts from another world? That's crazy...~ Still, I didn't exactly come here to sightsee as a ghost..." You then began to think of what or rather who to start with.

Who are you going to go for?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)