More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 9 by nakedkorra nakedkorra

What's next?

Make nudity socially acceptable everywhere

"...nudity was socially acceptable everywhere."

"Very well, but I must warn you." replied The Genie. "Making this change across the entire world is at the limit of my abilities. Afterwards I will need to rest for a while."

"For how long?" Vanessa asked.

"I do not know; I have never attempted such a task. I would estimate somewhere between an hour and a day."

Vanessa bit her lip. It was a big risk, especially considering how The Genie's wishes had backfired so far... but then, what was the point of having wishes if you didn't have the courage to use them?

"Fine. Do it."

"Very well."

The Genie waved her hand. Almost immediately she sagged at the shoulders and her breathing became heavy, like she'd ran a marathon.

"It is done." she breathed.

The solid outline of The Genie became vague, as if she were fading somehow. Gradually the Genie began to turn into a cloud of smoke, and as she did so was sucked back into the lamp from hence she came. After a few moments Vanessa found herself alone in the room. Eager to see the changes herself, Vanessa threw open her wardrobe and gave a shiver of excitement as she realised it was empty. I really have gotten rid of all clothes in the world!

She took the few short steps to the window, which had the curtains drawn. She took a deep breath, grabbed hold of the curtains and flung them wide open. She closed her eyes and savoured the warmth of the sun on her bare naked body. With a satisfied sigh she let out her breath and, feeling relaxed, opened her eyes.

Immediately something on the street below caught her eye. Right outside her house on the sidewalk below stood a teenage boy with his bike. In one hand he held the bike chain, clearly trying to repair it, but what caught Vanessa's attention the most was that he was fully clothed! And he was looking right at her!

"Oh, hi Vanessa!" he shouted up, giving a wave.

Vanessa stood dumbfounded, every inch of her body exposed to the boy, unable to move. After what felt like an eternity she threw the curtains closed, plunging the room into darkness.

"Oh my god."

Her heart racing with panic, Vanessa picked up the TV remote and pressed the power button. The wide, toothy smile of a newsreader appeared on the screen. He, too, was fully dressed, but in a suit and tie. She felt a cold ball of fear settle in her stomach.

"What have you done?" she snapped at the lamp.

"...mistress?" came a faint reply from within. Vanessa sat on the couch and peered into the lamp's spout.

"What the hell is going on? I thought I told you to get rid of the world's clothing!"

"No... you asked that... nudity be... acceptable."

"I don't understand; what's the difference!?"

"Having blonde hair is... is socially acceptable, mistress, but... it is not mandatory. There will be those who choose nudity and those who do not."

Frustrated with the situation, and her own stupidity with it, Vanessa threw the lamp at the couch in frustration. She leaned forward and put her head in her hands. So all I've done is get rid of my own clothing. she thought bleakly.

"Oh dear, are you okay?"

Vanessa looked up sharply. She hadn't heard her mother climbing the stairs, and now she stood in her doorway dressed in a yoga pants and a t-shirt staring at her daughter with concern.

"Yeah, I guess..." Vanessa replied, feeling a bit embarrassed.

Her mother's gaze moved between the open and empty wardrobe and her daughter.

"Were you looking for your clothes?" she asked.

Vanessa replied that she was.

"How come? You don't normally wear clothes during the summer. Are you feeling well?"

Her mother sat on the couch beside her and placed her hand on her daughter's head. "You don't feel cold..."

"I... wait, you mean I wear clothes during the winter?"

"Well of course dear. You'd freeze to otherwise."

Vanessa felt a surge of elation run through her. "Where are they? My winter clothes, I mean?"

"In the garage, dear; where we always keep them."

Vanessa couldn't help but smile. Clothes! She could grab them, get dressed and then go explore the city, see which type of people partook in nudity!

But wait... she thought. The garage was detached from the house, meaning that she'd have to walk out onto the front lawn, visible from the entire street, and get into the garage that way. That would be pretty embarrassing, but... what was her other choice? Just stay in the house all day in the buff?

(Originally by Anonegg on writing.com)

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)