More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Yabusa Yabusa

But first, who exactly are you, and what's your role at Hideki Labs?

Logan Bower, Electronics Engineer

You hadn't even read your email that morning. Everything was always breaking, glitching, or otherwise not functioning as intended. Today was no different from any other day, where you already had five people asking for your help getting new lab tools up and running, or debugging a problem with hardware making strange noises, or fixing the network connection between the labs and the offices nearby. That was IT's job, and you weren't IT, but everyone thought you were IT. Your specialized knowledge of the lab's various sensitive tools and sensors didn't mean a thing to the person who needed the printer fixed.

Fix the printer yourself, Lloyd, sheesh. It's not that hard!

...Anyway, your never-ending stack of work at Hideki Labs, coupled with the text messages Kim's been sending you every ten minutes, has contributed to a significantly elevated stress level before your workday even began.

You love Kim, you really do, but the past couple months have been tough. Sometimes things feel dull and distant, like there's just no passion anymore between you two. Kim was a pretty girl, her one superpower is she always looked amazing in photos you took. She was bisexual, but she'd only spent time with you since you'd been dating--as far as you knew. She loved being outdoors, as well as being around people, which you didn't have any problems with, except that it felt like at times she forgot you were even there. So, you two had been talking about spending some time apart to get some perspective.

It seemed like each text message you received was a different perspective... you couldn't tell if Kim was offended that you'd suggest such a thing, or wholeheartedly supported the plan, or if she was ever conveying sarcasm in her messages, so at some point, you just turned off your phone. You'll figure out your Kim problem later, maybe you could salvage that shipwreck somehow.

It wasn't until around lunch that you finally got into your mail and saw the message from upstairs. Dr. Hildebrand and Dr. Walker had been asking you to come up to help install things in their personal labs from time to time, with a lot more frequency than usual. It's often been for absurdly simple things. Maybe this time they wanted to watch you carefully as you plugged in their new coffee makers?

You sighed, grabbing your tool bag as you headed to the elevators to see what you can do.

Who summoned the tech wizard?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)