More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Yabusa Yabusa

Who summoned the tech wizard?

Chloe, a slimegirl green with envy

You texted Dr. Walker to let her know you were on the way, hurrying to the elevator. You considered yourself at least mildly friendly with Chloe, she was like a coworker you wouldn't mind meeting at the bar for a chat after work. Twice you'd said you were close friends with Chloe, mostly when you were applying for new positions in your department. It wasn't very helpful, you didn't get either of those positions, so you were still calibrating lab equipment instead of helping develop new sensors for Hideki R&D.

However, the Chloe you knew was a blonde that wore glasses and had a nice ass. That was the Chloe you expected to see when you got to Lab 2, entering into her little lab-slash-lounge. You were envious that she could both work and relax in the same area, but if you were a senior scientist for Hideki you could probably make outrageous requests too. The doctor duo owned this whole R&D floor, did as they liked, and no one said anything since advancements in their field continued at a rapid pace.

"Hey, Dr. Walker, you wanted to see me?" You looked around as the lab door hissed shut, you didn't see her anywhere. Maybe she was setting up some lab equipment on the far side of the floor?

Your question was quickly answered as you heard Chloe's voice from down the hallway beyond the lounge. The lounge half of her lab had an open space with couches and a TV, there were kitchen appliances along a wall, and then a hallway that led to a bathroom and bedroom. It was essentially an apartment--she did seem to live for her work after all--so you waited on the couch for her to come out.

"Hey, so, uh... I got something to show you, Logan. Promise me you won't freak out, but this is important, and it's something I've been meaning to talk to you about." Chloe's voice sounded slightly apprehensive, as she remained in the shadows of the hallway.

You tilted your head, but you weren't sure what she was getting at. "No worries, Chloe. There's not much that fazes me these days."

"Good, well... I think you'll probably have a lot of questions, but..." Chloe trailed off, and simply stepped out of the hallway. You were shocked to see a translucent green woman standing in front of you, and it took you a moment to realize it wasn't like some weird costume or anything, that would have been impossible.

"Whoa! Whoa, Chloe, what happened? Did you... did a lab experiment go wrong or something?!" You almost jumped out of your seat, though you stayed put. It was extremely weird, but Chloe wasn't screaming or flailing around, so you didn't just rush out of the room or try to call security or anything.

"No, no..." Chloe looked down at herself, then looked up. "This has always been me, I'm a sentient slime. I'm a lab experiment gone right! At least, from my perspective. Please, just calm down. You said you wouldn't freak out!"

Her words struck you, and seemed to relax you immediately. You did promise her as much... you slumped into the couch, unable to take your eyes off of her. Admittedly, there was something incredible about the woman in front of you, she was like art made of glass, and she somehow had the perfect hourglass shape, maybe she had control over her shape? You felt your heart skip a beat as you looked at her, elated and admittedly a bit turned on by Chloe's true form.

And also confused. "Why? I mean... why tell me?"

Chloe half-smiled, as she stepped further into the room, her usual confidence slowly building back up again. "Well... we're good friends. Like, I think I trust you more than a lot of people in this company, you're extremely helpful and I've appreciated everything you've done for me. I... well, I was hoping we could go for coffee sometime, you and me, and we could get to know each other better--"

You held up a hand to stop Chloe right there. "Wait, hold up. Chloe, are you asking me on a date? You know I'm dating Kim, right?"

Chloe's happy expression faded in an instant, her body losing a bit of its definition as suddenly she was hit with some nerves of her own. "I, uh... I didn't know you were still... I thought that was over, I overheard in the breakroom that you were on a break or something..."

She's got you there. You told people around the office that you were probably on a break, not necessarily that you were still trying to figure things out.

Will you give Chloe a shot, or are your feelings for Kim just too strong?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)