More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by Yabusa Yabusa

Will you give Chloe a shot, or are your feelings for Kim just too strong?

You still want to figure it out with Kim

"I'm... sorry, Chloe. I've said Kim and I are on a break, but not a break-up. I still want to figure it out with her."

Chloe seemed to be losing more and more of her shape, almost like she was deflating in front of you. "W-well... Logan, are you sure? I mean, she's... you've said she's sometimes tough to handle, and I'm not... well, I'm different, and..."

You stood up, and put your hand on Chloe's shoulder. And then you pulled your hand away before it sank too deeply into her, she really was just melting before your eyes. "Chloe, we're good friends. I think it's best we just stay that. Kim and I have our rough patches. It's really rough right now, for sure, and maybe I can't make it happen with her, but I'm going to try. I still love Kim."

Chloe was visibly shaking, she'd really miscalculated things with you. "It's just... you're the first human that I... that I really l-liked." She racked her brain frantically for a solution, now standing in a green pool of herself, a few inches shorter than she had been earlier. "I could... I could... there has to be something I can do for you! So you'll give me a chance! I'll do anything for you!"

You shook your head, picking up your toolbag. With a sigh, you turned toward the imploding slime, feeling sorry for her, but you knew where your heart would lead you even if you lied to her. That would just push your problems further into the future, possibly compounding them. "Sorry, Chloe. I don't mean to hurt you. The only thing I want is a way to build up my relationship with Kim again, and I don't think you can help me there. I'm... going to get some more work done. Sorry. I'm just sorry." You continued to shake your head as you headed to the door, looking back at Chloe before she seemed to melt completely into a puddle, and then you were out the door without another word, feeling guilty but you didn't know what else to do.

When the door closed, Chloe sputtered in her gooey form for a while, reeling from the revelations of the conversation. Her first true attraction to a human, and she was shot down, despite her many advantages over a regular human. She didn't even get to tell you all of the ways she could make life better for you! All the ways she would be a better girlfriend! She had incredible abilities and boundless loyalty to those close to her--doubly so for someone she was so infatuated with!

Kim. Chloe had an epiphany. Kim was the problem, and Chloe's jealousy of this woman she'd never even met began to grow exponentially. She had to do something about Kim... Oh, there were opportunities. For a slime that's able to enter bodies, there are lots of opportunities.

Chloe re-formed into a humanoid body, filled with resolve. She was going to win you over, in any way she could, and the solution all revolved around Kim.

The next day...

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)