More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Yabusa Yabusa

Who summoned the tech wizard?

Merging Monstrosities

You exited on the floor with the labs of Dr. Walker and Dr. Hildebrand heading down either side of the hallway from the elevator lobby, not sure which lab to walk to first. That hadn't been specified in the text, even though it came from Dr. Walker's number. A loud crashing noise rumbled from the direction of Dr. Hildebrand's office, almost shaking the floor. It sounded like something was seriously wrong, like one of the machines toppled over!

Instead of dialing for the lab's emergency services as you probably should have, you hurried to the lab to look inside to see if there really was an emergency. Your second mistake was to enter the lab and let the door seal behind you--electronically locking and leaving you in a bizarre wasteland of broken scientific equipment and spilled samples. Shattered glass and burning electronics made your path exponentially more hazardous, as you could hear further struggles further down the long stretch of lab, in an area where smoke and some sort of gas was starting to billow out.

"Dr. Hildebrand! Dr. Walker! What happened here!" You called out, panicked that they might be injured but again forgetting to dial emergency services. You heard a muffled cry in response, but nothing more. Maybe this would be your hero moment, if you could get to them!

All corporate labs contained protective equipment, and Hideki Labs contained some of the best engineered equipment in the world. You reached under one of the counters, pulling out a box with a jumpsuit and helmet with attached oxygen tank, so you could be fully protected from any noxious fumes or other hazards. It was quick to put on, and in a few moments you were hurrying forward into the dangerous haze that continued to fill the room. Honestly, it was strange that there weren't any smoke alarms or anything going off right now, it was eerily quiet between the occasional banging and crashing. You stepped over and around all sorts of Hideki machinery, but something on the ground gave you pause before continuing on--a broken glass container with Shaw Sciences on it, with droplets of purple liquid resting on some of the broken shards. What was chemicals from a rival lab doing here? You were only more resolved to find answers, until...

You stopped dead in your tracks as you reached the back row of test equipment, where at first you could only make out the silhouette of what looked like two people struggling, but when you had come close enough, clear details emerged--not that you believed them. You recognized Dr. Hildebrand's fearful, wide-eyed face, but her body seemed to be sliced up! There wasn't any blood, but her arms, legs, even her torso looked like they had turned to ribbons. Not just that, she was hollow!

And yet, that paled in comparison to the being that was accosting her. This strange translucent being, vaguely humanoid in shape but looking like she was melting or oozing all over, held down Dr. Hildebrand's flayed body. The body was about two-thirds green, but a similar purplish liquid to what you saw on the ground swirled inside the humanoid-shaped goo, and it seemed to be consuming the green material, transitioning more and more slime to its purplish hue. Zoe looked your way when she noticed you, and immediately she began to struggle against her attacker again. "Chloe's been sabotaged! Shaw Labs, they're trying to--"

A giant slimy hand grabbed Zoe's face, wrapping around her mouth and nose. "That's enough out of you," rumbled the slime in an inhuman, guttural sound that sounded almost unrecognizable to you, except the inflection of its words. You put two and two together, frozen in place in fear as you realized that this slime monster must have been Chloe! But, what about the rest of this mess..?

In your brief, sudden burst of resolve, you rushed forward. "Get off of her!" Not like that made any difference, as a slimy fist formed out of the oozing torso and slammed right into your gut. Zoe's muffled screams intensified, but this monster-Chloe seemed to have enough toying around.

"Not a wise move, Logan." The slimy head turned your way, and you recognized a humanoid face within the mess, the green continuing to be consumed by this purple liquid within it. "But now that you're here, I can finally begin! You're the last piece of the puzzle, the perfect piece because I knew you'd do something stupid like not call for help. We're going to have a lot of fun when I take us to Shaw's R&D departments!" You reeled from the pain in your stomach, unable to breathe and compounded by dizziness. All you could do was watch as this slime began to pour into Zoe's mouth in large surges, bloating Zoe's cheeks from the forceful entry. The slime didn't seem to just go into the mouth, it flowed into the cavity of Dr. Hildebrand's body, wrapping into those ribbon-like tendrils that looked like they once formed into proper limbs. Almost completely changed to purple, this slimy ooze coated the inside of Zoe's sliced form while simultaneously forcing down her throat--and yet, that slime didn't come out of her hollow torso. Something was clearly amiss with Dr. Hildebrand's body as well, but you had no clue what that might be.

With a final slurp, the slime flowed into Zoe's mouth, and formed into a strange, unsettling grin. "Ahaha, amazing. I can move her and change her all I want now!" This unraveled Zoe-body, under the influence of this slime being that may have once been Dr. Chloe Walker, stood up--an impossibility, as Zoe still looked like she was cut to shreds! She pulled herself together to look vaguely human, although since you could see through those slices of Zoe's body, you knew better, as the slime didn't put these unfurled pieces back together--not just yet. Instead, the part-ooze part-humanoid creature began to advance toward you, reaching out a hollowed, sliced, goo-laden arm.

She wasn't the only thing turned to goo--your legs felt like jelly, and the fear that gripped you from seeing a nightmarish creature with Zoe's face made it hard to turn and run, but you tried your best, tumbling to the ground at first and then getting up to hurry forward through the debris of the lab. It only caused Zoe's face to burst into laughter, as she strolled right behind you.

"Just wait until I get you to wear me! I'm better than Zoe or Chloe had once been, I'm not just a slime or a living bodysuit, I'm going to be the one in control! I'm going to wrap right up around you, put your limbs in mine, your face in mine, and make us whole! And then I'm going to take you on a hell of a ride, Logan!"

Does Logan have any chance of escape?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)