More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TheSpectator TheSpectator

What do you do?

Leave her.

You tell Delilah that you're just going to retire for the night. She frowns but doesn't tell you to do anything otherwise. You part ways rather quickly. You go to your room and wash off. After taking a hot shower and unwinding, you realize you're pretty awake; even though it's rather late, you find yourself desiring human interaction. You leave your room and try to find Delilah, but it seems she's already returned home for the night. Disappointed with the outcome of your search, you lean against the bar and yawn. Perhaps you should try to sleep?

For a few minutes, you just rest. Then you heard a faint giggle, followed by a few distant thumps as if someone was running somewhere in the shadows. You shifted, remembering the day Delilah told you this place was haunted. You looked over the lobby of the tavern. You weren't scared very easily, and the thought of looking around the tavern while everyone else was asleep sounded quite fun. Maybe find a ghost in the process? That might be fun.

After a brief look around in the lobby, you found it to be empty. You walk around until you hear the giggles again, this time, its location is more precise, and you can pin where it's coming from. You follow the noise to a hallway that leads to the dorms. The tavern offered to house some of its workers. Delilah lived here for a while too, but as mentioned, was convinced the place was haunted. You followed the noise - it wasn't just giggling; there was an entire conversation happening from somewhere in the dorms. Without a doubt, you are hearing humans talking. Not ghosts. How boring.

You’re standing in the hallway. It's pretty dark in there, and the lights had dimmed considerably during hours of full operation. It felt a little dirty listening to strangers, but you suppose you've been paid to do worse. When you found which dorm the noise was coming from, you paused for a moment and strained your ears to listen to them.

Are you going to listen?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)