More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by obieblu_tumblr obieblu_tumblr

What's next?

Knock on Chris&Jeff's Door

Chris opens the door and greets you with a big hug and a smile. Jeff quickly comes over and does the same. They're both quite tall, and they're wearing compatible, but not exactly matching, “yacht suits”. They make a good couple. Chris is slim and decent looking, but after one dinner, you knew you weren't attracted to him and you became close friends. Jeff is the taller of the two, a little stocky even with his height, but he definitely has a “tv personality” face. Nice, but not exactly your type. From Jeff, you observed what you called “tv look” and “gay look”. Whenever Jeff was dressed from work, he had on his “straight suit”, dark and characterless, as well as a straight, conservative hairstyle. Tonight was his “gay look” with interesting stylish clothes and perfectly styled “messy hair”.

They usher you in, and luckily the only other guests are Chris's family, helping to finish preparations. You stash your backpack in their bedroom and are spared the embarrassment of any “famous people” seeing it. Immediately upon returning to the common area, Chris slips your first drink into your hand, a summery white sangria. Of course Chris made the most pretentiously gay drink possible. He returns to finalizing the preparation for the drink selections, and you join his family finishing up at the refreshments table.

Chris's parents are ultra-Catholic, but surprisingly supportive of their younger son. Maybe it helps that his older brother, Luke, who your friends secretly call “Chris's super hot brother” is the epitome of masculinity being a sports doctor, a ruggedly young handsome face, and a muscles that seem to poke out of his clothes, no matter how thick or loose they are. Luke finishes the Michelangelo's David look with thick curly black hair. Chris's mother gives you a quick hug, and you get firm manly handshakes from his father and brother. You've met them all a few times before at their home not far from where you currently live. In his single days, Chris hosted a few very enjoyable pool parties while his parents were out of town. You busy yourself with arranging hors d'oeuvres and small talk with Chris's family. They're happy to hear about your endeavor to get a job in and move to the city. His mother likes the idea of Chris having some of his pre-city friends around.

The guests start to arrive. It's a slow trickle of gay socialites and Jeff's tv coworkers. You have a growing awareness of how many people are in this room that you've seen on tv and on billboards on your drive down this afternoon. The two night news anchors from Jeff's station arrive together, a blond bombshell and her Asian equivalent. They were shamelessly hired and assigned to the news desk to boost rating. Luke heads right over to greet them, getting a kiss on the cheek from both. They've obviously met, before. Meanwhile, the oldest reporter at Jeff's station, that you remember from childhood, Georgia, has you cornered and is talking about 20 year old political scandals she covered. You're flattered when she asks to take selfie with you. You suppress your amusement when she says she just learned instagram and needs more fun photos to put up for her followers. You don't expect that too many of her fan base, like your parents, are following her on instagram...

Finally, other people you know start to arrive. First, Tyler, one of the top club promoters in the city arrives with someone you don't know. Tyler is also tall and average looking, but very stylish and always smiling. It's his job. His companion reminds you of a Beatle with a cute British look and floppy hair. Chris greets them and then cleverly directs them towards you. Tyler introduces the Beatle as Trevor, his new roommate. He's a marketing director that just moved to the city from a couple years working on a cruise line. He's shamelessly flirty with everyone, including Georgia. But, eventually she disengages from your group and joins Jeff and some of the other news people.

Then, you catch Leo out of the corner of your eye. He's headed over to you, as you and Tyler are probably the only other guests he knows. You give each other a quick hug. His body is nicely solid to embrace, but his mood is unreadable. You notice Trevor giving Leo a long appraisal as he leans in to double-cheek kiss with Tyler.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)