More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by obieblu_tumblr obieblu_tumblr

What's next?

Focus your attention on Leo

“So, Leo, how are the students treating you?” You give him a cheerful smile, then add, “Seems like you're always busy.”

He gives you a small grin. “What can I say? The life of a PhD candidate. The administration doesn't pay enough for me to do anything outside of work, so I rarely bother to leave.” You're not sure if that's an apology.

Tyler adds, “Yeah, it feels like I haven't seen you at Skybar in literally years. You should make sure to get out more. All work and no play makes a very dull gay boy.”

Leo maintains his small grin. “I didn't say there was no play.” You're not excited to hear that, but he may not be serious. Hopefully, you didn't react enough for anyone to notice.

Trevor jumps in like a puppy that was being ignored. “Oh, so you're busy giving your students private lessons in... sex ed?”

“Oh, GAD, no!” Leo's accent slips out along with his surprised denial. “I hate the students. I'm in Art History, anyways. I only teach cuz I have to.”

Trevor continues with his unrelenting flirtation with anything that's breathing, “So... nude painting? Can I take class? If you need a model, I'm available. Or do you model for your classes?” His tone is quite excited, even though he has to know that none of that can be true.

“Oh, geez...” Leo looks down at his drink. You've noticed he shrinks from too much attention.

You decide to try and rescue him by de-sexualizing the conversation. “Leo, your focus is on... pre-Renaissance Spanish art, right?” You're pretty sure you remember that from the first night you were introduced, and you were paying really close attention to what he was saying in case you had to answer questions for a chance to make-out with him, later.

“Yeah,” he looks up from his drink, “I thought my classes would attract the fewest students. No luck, but at least the review committee won't have read the same content in my thesis 20 times before.”

You reply, “But you must have known the students would sign up if the university posted a photo of you on the faculty page?”

“Oh, gad no,” he repeats. “I blend in with every other old guy over 30.” Now you remember it was recently Leo's birthday, but he didn't want to celebrate outside of his family. Chris had been incredibly disappointed at not being able to plan a wild night out for everyone.

You sigh, and Tyler rolls his eyes again. Flirting with Leo is like pulling teeth. “Well, at least you won't get rich off your degree.” And you offer him your glass to toast.

“Hopefully, you'll have to sell your clothes,” Trevor quips cheerfully as all 4 of you toast to Leo's future poverty.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)