More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by NaughtyPixie NaughtyPixie

What's next?

Kevin tries to snatch the ring, but loses it

Kevin couldn’t stop his foot from bouncing, his nervous excitement and disbelief made it impossible to sit still. Beyond just the incredible revelation that magic and wishes and genies were real, was his excited anticipation that he was less than 10 feet away from the object that would grant him access to one.

Jessica meanwhile just stared at the ornate box in her hands, her entire sense of self and reality had been shattered in a single moment and the blonde struggled to really grasp what the hell had just happened.

She pinched herself to make sure it wasn’t a dream, wincing with a little hiss… nope, this was real and she was very much awake.

The sound of the party downstairs pushed Jess into action; she’d just hide the box in her closet for now and figure out what the hell to do with the ring later. If it really granted the wearer access to some infinite cosmic power and control over her then she knew she needed to keep it somewhere that no one - no one - would ever find it.

Kevin watched with growing panic as Jess started walking towards the closet, he looked around the cramped dark space, desperately looking for some corner he could squeeze himself into to remain unseen. But before he had time to act, Jessica slid the closet door open, revealing the dark haired boy to her in all of his pasty nerd glory.

"What the fuck?" Jessica shrieked, dropping the box and stepping back in alarm, "Get out of my room you freak!"

For a split-second Kevin froze with the shock of being discovered, but the impact of the box hitting the carpet and the sight of it bouncing across the room shook him out of it. Knowing it was now or never, Kevin dived out of the closet, sending Jess sprawling as he clambered after the ring.

Jessica reacted quickly, lunging just as swiftly to where the box had landed. Her fingers found the edge of the box just as Kevin’s did, causing it to fling free from both of their grasps. The lid popped open, sending the gold and emerald ring flying into the air with a flash of sparkling green.

“That’s mine!” Jess shrieked as Kevin grunted in effort, launching himself across the carpet with the blonde latched onto his back.

“Quit it!” Kevin yelped as Jess yanked his hair.

The wrestling pair could only watch as, in seeming slow motion, the emerald ring tumbled across Jess’s dresser, bouncing across the sill before it flew out the open bedroom window...

“Shit!” Kevin groaned, dropping his forehead to the carpet in despair.

Jess ran to the window, her mouth open in horror.

“What the fuck! What the fuck!” the cheerleader shrieked over and over, sticking her head out frantically and staring down into the garden below for any sign of the ring. Below all she could see were groups of party-goers gathered on the back deck, drinking and laughing, and the blonde felt her stomach sink in horror at the idea that if any one of them picked up that ring and made a wish, even by some accidental comment – there was no telling what havoc could be unleashed!

As Jess scoured the scene below, she suddenly spotted someone bending down in the grass, their fingers rising up to reveal the ring perched on their index finger!

Jess gasped, frantic, as she realized who it was…

Who picked it up?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)