More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by alanthehammer alanthehammer

Who is visiting the shop?

Katie. 22 year old waitress.

Katie sat in the back of the small restaurant that she worked in. Almost in tears and shaking with anger. "Fucking prick."

"You ok Katie?" Came a voice from the door to the staff room.

"Not really Shannon. I know that we could always get some dipshit complaining about this, that, or the other. But that arse was outright rude. I mean did you hear him?" The 22 year old blonde was still seething from the verbal from a customer.

"Yeah, I heard. But if it makes you feel any better. Mark heard as well." Mark is the manager that runs the restaurant." He's demanding that guy apologises to you."

"Really." Katie looked up at her friend. Then getting up to have a listen in. The entire restaurant was now watching. The manager Mark and the customer in a rather heated discussion.

"I do not care how bad your day has been. It does not give you reason to verbally my staff. Now, I have asked you once already. Your attitude was totally uncalled for, and that poor girl is crying her eyes out. You owe her an apology." Mark was now getting a bit aggitated himself now at the customer."

"You want an apology. Fine get her out here then." Katie walked slowly out of the staff room door and headed toward the customer.

"You ok Katie." She just nodded her response. "The gentleman would like to say something to you." He then turned his attention, as did Katie, to the customer.

"I'm sorry Miss. It's not your fault that your mother was just as fucking clumsy at giving birth to a dim witted bimbo like you without having the intelligence to terminate and lower the average I.Q of the planets population." Katie just exploded and slapped the customer hard across his cheek. The man was stunned for a second. Then addressed the manager. "Did you see that. You better fire her for that."

Mark stood there with a slight smirk on his face. Even though his staff should only go so far to stand up for themselves, he let it slide due to the direct insult about Katie and her mother. "No. Didn't see a thing. Now get out of my restaurant." The ex customer was lost for words at the response he got and clearly got more angry as the words settled in. Not getting his own way and the red mist descending over him he balled his fist and went to strike Mark. But before he could, his hand was intercepted.

Behind the customer stood another man, Just over 6 feet and very well built. "Don't even think about it. I might be off duty but I can still nick you. Now I suggest you do as the man says, and leave." Defeated, the man headed towards the door. But before leaving, he turned and spoke.

"Hope you like the review I give you on the net. You'll be lucky if anyone comes here again." Then stormed out of the door.

Mark turned to Katie and put his arm on her shoulder. "Go out back and calm yourself. I'll see you in a minute." Katie nodded, eyes still watery from the exchange, and left to go back to the staff room. Mark then returned his attention to the off duty police officer. "Thank you for your assistance officer. It's very much appreciated." He then noticed the woman and a young child of around 6 years old behind him. "Table for 3 by any chance?" The officer then smiled and confirmed. "This way then please." Mark led them to a clean table and they sat down. "I'll send someone over to take your order in a couple of minutes. Thank you again for your help." Mark then left to go and tend to Katie.

Katie sat out the back. Still visibly upset and shedding tears. When mark entered, she looked up. Mark slowly walked up to and sat down next to her. "I'm sorry Katie. That bloke was a dickhead and had no right to speak to you like that."

"It's ok Mark. What happened has happened."

"So what did happen. I got his side of the story, now I want yours. When you're ready."

"I was just placing his drink on the table when someone nudged me in the back trying to get past me. It caused me to drop the bloody thing and it went all over the table, his shirt, and trousers. It wasn't my fault." Katie then stared to cry harder again. Mark put his arm around her and tried to calm her down.

After a couple of minutes he took his arm away and lifted her chin. Katie looked at him. "Go home Katie. Take the night off and gather yourself." Katie gave a small smile and hugged her boss before whispering thank you in his ear. Shannon saw everything and waited for Katie by the door.

When Katie emerged in her coat to take the short walk home, Shannon collared her. "Call me Katie. Let me know you got home ok."

"I will Shannon. I can't stay here tonight. I'll be back tomorrow."

"You go and chill girl. Grab a bottle of wine or 2 and get a good nights sleep. Oh, by the way. I told you Mark has a soft spot for you." Katie just let a out a short giggle and hugged her friend. "Go home Katie, I'll see you tomorrow." Katie left and Shannon walked over to the officer and his family to take their order

Later in the week

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)