More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hambo hambo

Who shall endure an embarassing adventure?

Jorella: A "rich" merchant in over her head

Jorella is a wealthy merchant living in the capital city.

She is 5' 4", has red hair, small(ish) breasts, a fair complexion, and an attractive, if somewhat pear-shaped figure. She is 33 years old, but is very embarassed about her age and always tells people she's in her twenties. She likes to flaunt her wealth with lots of expensive jewelry and clothes, but her mannerisms betray her humble origins.

She is the daughter of simple farm folk, who decided at a young age she never wanted to feed chickens or milk cows (or clean out a stable) ever again.

When she was old enough to get out on her own, she took her meager life savings moved to the capital, vowing to one day become a powerful and wealthy merchant. And after years of hard work and perseverance, she's achieved that goal... sort of.

Yes she is rich, yes she has fancy clothes, and yes, she does live in a lovely mansion, but she's also in debt up to her lovely green eyes and all of her business loans need to be payed off by the end of the month.

Luckily for her, she's just one deal away from striking it big. Jorella has signed a contract to become the world's exclusive distributor of an incredibly rare and expensive fabric called "Empress's Silk." It's made by only a single manufacturer and has to be imported from across the world, but tales of how soft, durable and beautiful this material is have traveled far and wide.

Jorella had to max out all of her lines of credit and put up everything she owned as collateral (even her gold teeth!) to purchase distribution rights to the material and then buy and transport the first shipment, but she knows this is a sure thing once the nobles see it.

And while the fabric is indeed very beautiful and all the things its manufacture claims it to be, it does have one minor flaw that will soon become quite apparent: Empress Silk dissolves when it gets wet.

Where does or merchant's misfortune begin?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)