More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

How does Aubrey gain a superpower?

It just kind of happens

Aubrey woke up and got ready for school as she always did. She had just turned 18 a few weeks ago and today was the first day of her last semester of high school. She couldn’t wait to graduate and move on to the real world.

When she was all finished, Aubrey went downstairs to the kitchen where her dad was busy cooking breakfast. Her mother had left them years ago after her father came out as gay, so it was just the two of them. Her dad was staring out the window, looking at their hot neighbor, a dark-haired hunk in his late-twenties, that he had a massive crush on, and didn’t notice the food was starting to burn.

“Uh... dad,” Aubrey said, being her father back to reality.

“What? Oh!” he responded, realizing what was going on. Thankfully, the food wasn’t too badly burned and was still edible. They sat down at the table together and Aubrey started making lifht conversation with her dad.

“So,” she said, “Nolan Wells out mowing his lawn again?”

“Yes,” her dad answered.

“Shirtless?”

“Yes,” he said with a light chuckle.

“Dad, why don’t you just go ask him out?” Aubrey said. She then switched to her sing-songy voice to say, “He’s single.”

“No, no,” he responded, “He would never be interested in a guy like me. I’m, what, twelve years older than him? Besides, he’s probably straight.”

“But you don’t know that!” Aubrey said emphatically, “Come on dad! Just talk to him!”

Suddenly, Aubrey’s dad started looking straight forward, as if something had just completely overcome him. In an almost robotic ton of voice, he said, “Yes, I will go talk to him.”

He got out of his chair and started to walk out of the kitchen when Aubrey told him, “Hey, don’t do it right now! You’ve got to drive me to school.”

Upon hearing this, Aubrey’s father shook his head, coming out of the trance, and said, “Woah. That was weird. What just happened?”

Aubrey looked at her father, very concerned and confused about whatever had just happened to him.

“Uh... nothing,” she said, “Come on, I’m going to be late.”

What happens when Aubrey gets to school?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)