More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by grimbous grimbous

What type of "Out of the Ordinary"?

Intergalactic Zoo Animal

As your eyes adjust to the interior you feel a thin cold metal band being fastened around your neck.

"Hey!" You say in protest and you reach up to yank it off. You hear a high pitched 'booooop' and suddenly you feel all the muscles in your body tighten. Try as you might you cannot move! You try to talk and find that you cannot do that either. It is then that fear sets in.

You finally notice that the interior of this limo was really weird. Screens and glowing buttons lined the walls. You see unfamiliar script and symbols dashing across some of the screens, it was no language you'd ever seen before. Other screens showed globes and rings. Was that the earth and the solar system? The two large men in suits, you now notice, don't look quite right. Their suits hang from them oddly. One of them takes off their glasses and you see pure green inhuman eyes.

'What the fuck? What is happening?' You think.

The other "man" hits a button and looks at you. You feel something grab you from behind as you are sucked back through the seat, flattened out so that you are lying down, and put into a small dark space. A storage cubicle of some sort? You can just barely feel the sensation of the vehicle moving. It is moving forward and up! The vehicle, what looked like a limousine on the outside, was flying!

You hear various buzzes and whirs, a line of green light moves up and down your body. Try as you might you are utterly unable to move or talk. On the inside you are screaming.

You hear a few more beeps and then you go .

You have a few snippets of jumbled memories during your trip. Scans, transport transfers, probing and prodding, and a fleeting glimpse of a window, beyond which was cold black space. Time has no meaning for you through these visions.

Slowly you feel yourself rouse. You are lying on...grass? It sort of felt like grass, a bit more rubbery. You open your drowsy eyes to see you are in a dimly lit room of some sort. The walls are rounded and textured. You roll to your side and let out a long groan.

You lay there a few minutes. Your senses and faculties coming back to you quickly. You try to remember what you could. Was this a dream? You hand shoots up to your neck and feels around. At first you feel nothing. Wait...there it is. You feel the thin metal band around the base of your neck. It is skin tight and flexible. You try but you can't get your fingers under it to get purchase. You scratch at it and your nails slide over it. It was there to stay.

Sitting up you see the room is empty except for a small pool of water in the corner and a strange bluish cube beside it, reminiscent of a sponge. There is a circular opening in one wall, maybe three feet in diameter. Getting to your feet you find the ceiling is only a few inches above your head.

Heading toward the opening you peer through only to see that it is covered with a white film of some sort. You can see it is translucent as some light comes through it, the only light in the room. Confused you reach forward, your hand coming in contact with something. It wasn't glass or plastic. It wasn't even hard or soft, it just kind of stopped your hand against it. Was it a field?

You shake your head. This was impossible! This couldn't be happening. Were those men aliens? That car a space ship? Where were you? No, you had to be dreaming or tripping out or something. This just couldn't happen.

You head over to the pool of water and splash some onto your face. If feels good. You look at the blue thing and touch it, it wobbles slightly. You decide to leave it alone for now.

Looking down you see you are still in your suit, though it is situated strangely on your body. Your shirt is loose and your jacket buttoned, your tie through your collar but with an odd knot in it, your one pant leg was tucked into your sock. Nothing was quite right. It was like you'e been dressed by drunk...or someone unfamiliar with how clothes worked. Checking your pockets you find them empty.

You head back to the opening. "Hello! Is anybody out there?"

After a short time you see the dark silhouette of a figure approach.

What is it?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)