More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by hematoma hematoma

How do you approach Ivona's anger?

Hostilely

"I am in no mood for another one of your tantrums," you growl, pushing past Ivona and into the tiny cell. "The War Mother explained that you are worried that you will never become a paladin and that you are destined to become a laywarrior. You cannot blame your own shortcomings as a paladin on me."

She stares at you agape, her mouth opens and then closes without a word. Her lips flatten into a hard line and anger flashes in her blue eyes.

"You bitch," she whispers. "I thought you had at least come to say goodbye to me, but you come to lord your achievements over me?"

She plants her hand on your chest, against the pert swell of your bosom, and she pushes you back towards the door.

"I will never be as strong or as fast as you," she says, her voice getting louder. "I will never hear the Burning Rose in my heart the way you can. And when you return, if you return, from your trial...I will not be here."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I am leaving the order." She turns her back on you. "I will forsake my oath because the Burning Rose has forsaken me. All that I love...all..."

You hear the emotion crack her voice, but you feel no sympathy. Something has changed inside Ivona. Something disturbing. She is not the person you have known all these years.

"May you find happiness outside the order then, Ivona. I will always think of you fondly."

"I doubt that," she mutters as you walk out into the hall.

You turn to ask her what she means, but she has already slammed shut the door and bolted it behind you. It hurts your heart to see your beloved friend retreating down this bitter path. If she is talking openly of abandoning her oath, then she means to leave the order. You make a mental note to mention Ivona's threat to the War Mother.

A loud laugh from the great hall reminds you that the sisters are already gathering for the feast. Ivona can wait. You have a celebration in your honor to attend. You just have to go and get dressed and avoid the fawning neophytes. You are on your way back to your cell when you see something moving out of the corner of your vision. It seemed too big to be a rat as it disappeared into the abbey's downstairs laundry.

You're fairly sure it was nothing important and if it was a rat there is nothing but soap, lye and soiled linens for it to get into in the laundry. Your feast beckons.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)