More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by sumedokin sumedokin

Which Story will you be Starting?

Harry the Hapless Merchant and the Quest for Clothing

For three generations the Leanders hadn't needed to worry about anything more dangerous than being bored to from the paperwork and yellow tape the trader's guild had made them deal with. The same old route connecting Engleholm, Grayford and Lowthorpe had managed not just to provide for the merchant family, but had made it possible for them to amass a legacy of a modest fortune and an honourable position in the community.

That all changed in an instance when Harry Leander found a tree trunk right across the road connecting Engleholm and Grayford. The trunk was as thick as Harry was tall, and longer than any building he'd seen. It went without saying he wouldn't be able to move it and leave passage to his carriage of clothes and jewelry from Engleholm being drawn by a single horse.
Would he be to pass with just his horse? Leaving his cargo of clothes and jewelry for the monsters in the forest to feast upon?
To Harry that was unthinkable. His family hadn't missed a shipment for three generations. His quartermaster Sarah was relying on him, as were the noblewomen in Grayford.
He found a narrow passage through the proper woods, and headed around the roadblock. The vegetation became denser and harsher. After five minutes of travel he noticed a stump in the woods. The stump of the same kind of tree that had fallen over the road, and just as thick as well.
Of course it couldn't have been the same tree since it was a five minutes of travel from there to here. How on Earth could it have gotten there?

In that instance a dussin men jumped from out of the foliage.
Swords, sabers, clubs and quarterstaffs. Armed to their teeth, each of them nearly twice of Harry's weight and clearly for any valuables they could get their hands on.
"Hands up, lil lad!" The leader of the outfit of bandits said, "If you'll give us a hard time you're soon gonna find yourself a head shorter!" He waved around his saber threateningly.
Harry was taken aback. For the first time in three generations he had to worry about outlaws; but he did not relent. If there was one thing his father had taught him, it was that the pen is mightier than the sword, and there is no situation that cannot to some extent be settled by words and talking. Any man has something to offer, and every man has a price.
"Listen," Harry started, giving the outlaws his winning smile, "Let's talk this out, shall we? Why not have a nice, peaceful chat and maybe we can come to an understanding."


One not-so nice and peaceful chat later, Harry woke up in the bushes, his head still throbbing from having his head bonked in by a club the size of his horse. The bandits were nowhere to be seen. As was his wares, the carriage and his horse. Even the clothes on his body were missing! He was completely stark naked in the middle of the forest!
Harry panicked. He couldn't leave the forest without any clothes. He'd immediately be thrown in jail for indecent exposure. But this forest was brimming with monsters, desperately looking for a husband. It would go without saying that if one were to spot him she would take his nudity as an invitation, and soon enough would find himself carried off to her home, where she would have her way with him!
Oh, the humanity!
Harry would need to find clothes that fitted him and find his way back to civilization, or else he would be in serious danger!

What does Harry do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)