More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Cyberweasel89 Cyberweasel89

Specialized lore can be found in categories below:

Groups & Organizations

Adventurer's Guild
One of the Big Three independent organizations, the Adventurer's Guilt answers to no kingdom.

Composed of mercenaries and sellswords who are ranked via F to S to note their power and prestige, they answer requests that can range from gathering materials, slaying dangerous monsters, dungeon diving for treasure, or even escort missions.

A wild card, the Adventurer's Guild values its independence and is fiercely protective of it. The last time a kingdom tried to forcefully conscript the Adventurer's Guild into a war, well... let's just say no other kingdom wants to repeat that mistake.


Council of Magi
One of the Big Three independent organizations, the Council of Magi is composed of the most powerful spellcasters in the world.

The intelligent and wise who have dedicated their lives to the advancement of magic, they fund magic schools and magical research, introduce new magical appliances to the world, and are sometimes called by kingdoms to deal with magical threats.

They are a very exclusive and prestigious group, but also the most mysterious of the Big Three. Being a member is such an honor that many nobles treat them with the respect of fellow nobility, even if they are not nobles.


Merchant's Guild
One of the Big Three independent organizations, the Merchant's Guild is an organization that acts as a support group for merchants and traders.

Very much the mercantile equivalent to the Adventurer's Guild, the group is composed of traders of all kinds and is responsible for many of the trade deals between Kingdoms. They even run the neutral trade town of Hub.

As some of the wealthiest non-nobility in the world, some nobles are of the mind to treat some of the leaders of the Merchant's Guild like royalty, as they are far richer than they will ever be.


Eight Hands Bandit Gang
An unofficial fourth to the Big Three independent organizations, the Eight Hands Bandit Gang is an underground network of thieves.

Following a strict code of honor, the Eight Hands has a policy not to kill those they steal from (can't steal again from a corpse) and to only steal enough that they won't ruin who they steal from. Bonus points for those who deserve to be stolen from.

They mostly operate in Pickton.

They also deal in information, smuggling, and forgery.


Knights of Pendragon
While individual towns might have militias and larger towns and cities might have appointed and trained town guards, knights are the highest order of law enforcement in Pendragon.

Trained in Swordpoint and with administrative headquarters in the Capital, knights answer directly to the monarchy and have jurisdiction to operate in all locations of the nation. They are some of the few combatants in Pendragon who can go toe-to-toe with Adventurers and it's said that the ones assigned directly to the monarchy's castle in Pendragon can match A-rank Adventurers.

The training is harsh and most knights are fazed out because of the diligence and skill required to attain the title, but many noble families in Pendragon stake their pedigree on long lines of knighthood.

While traditionally melee fighters, some knights do engage in stealth or archery, but aside from using magic to supplement their combat, dedicated mages are nearly unheard of among the knights due to the physical requirements of the selection process. Horseback combat is a mandatory skill for all knights, though centaurs are exempted.

The knights have no formal ranks, but some knights defer to other knights of higher experience or power as a matter of convenience or respect.

^Groups & Organizations

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)