More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by archer15 archer15

What adventure do you want to see?

Great Randoms

No story part here, just a bit of explanation.

In April 2021 I (Archer) really got back into working on these stories threads based on an M-McGregor story called the Great Random Xander Story. In it he asked readers to submit a bunch of plot ideas focused around Xander. Xander gains the ability to fly, Xander becomes super strong, etc. Then he randomized the list, picked a random spot in the Buffyverse, and began working through the ideas.

I was enthralled by the concept. The downside of being a writer of erotic fiction is the joy is in coming up with the idea, the writing part is not nearly as exciting. But in this formulation both the author and reader were getting the joy of that uncertainty. The reader decides X thing occurs and then the author tries to figure out how it impacts the plot. And while I immediately wanted to try this story idea, I instead started with a bunch of other ideas first (the User Directed Stories). However, with a couple dedicated readers I felt I had enough people willing to contribute ideas to a list to give this concept a go.

The rules may change as I go through iterations of this story, but here are the basics.

  1. Contributors give a selection of prompts for sex scenes. I don't know what they are until selected (I have them blacked out).
  2. I pick an episode range of the series that the show will focus on. This determines the characters they can use as well.
  3. I then randomly pick a certain time in the story where these events occur. I try to figure out how such a scene can occur based off/during that time-frame and what the impacts will be.

Example: If the prompt was 'Xander has sex with Cordelia' and I randomly drew the scene where they are trapped in the basement and have their first kiss, easy explanation, that kiss leads to sex. However if that scenes occurs during Teacher's Pet when Xander is crushing on Miss French, that's a much harder explanation.

Unlike the User Directed stories, there is not meant to be any overarching theme that explains the new sex scenes. Being it is Sunnydale the explanation for a particular scene might be magic, but not all of the sex scenes will have the same reasons.

Which timeframe does the story follow?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)