More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Fiftyfiftyfifty Fiftyfiftyfifty

What do you do?

Grant them an audience.

Jilly salutes and sinks back into the state of a blob before wiggling off to the side. Meanwhile, two women garbed in chainmail, one with the ears and tail of a rabbit and the other a cat's, grab the grand doors and drag them open. A group of people stand immediately on the other side, ready for the worst. However, your people don't stop them. They allow them passage. It's an unsettling, uncomfortable position, but they proceed forward regardless, along the carpet towards the throne. They pass by the columns, and glance at the various beings that populate the areas behind them.

Standing at the front is a young man with short black hair and a scar across the bridge if his nose. He wears a suit of ornate platemail armour--shimmering silver--and wields a shield in one hand while his other grips the handle of a hefty warhammer. At his right are two others. A male catfolk with short blue hair is dressed in leather and wields a loaded crossbow, and next to him is an armoured dwarf with fiery red hair tied back into a ponytail, and in both of his hands rests a massive maul. Finally, a young lady is dressed in a brown and white robe with puffy sleeves and the hat of a priestess--a mitre. Her hair is thick and auburn and rolls down past her shoulders, and in her hand is a golden wand shaped like a cross.

If I had to guess, I'd say a warrior, a rogue, a paladin, and a cleric, you think to yourself.

The young man looks intense and ready. "Varat has had enough of you, Demon King!" he shouts with his sword pointed in your direction. "You loom on our borders and kidnap our people. You endanger the innocent. And finally, we'll have your head."

Your gaze is piercing. "Your people come to me in order to hide. I endanger no one, except those that threaten my home."

As you speak, you look to the man and get a gauge on what he's thinking. Anyone could see the fear in their eyes, but you use your special talent to dig deeper, and find out more, one at a time.

The man's thoughts aren't surprising. This is too easy. He must be trying to trick us. But that means he might not be as powerful as they say. If I slay him right here, I'll be showered in fame and fortune.

Before he can reply, you turn to see another one of your people making their way over, though there isn't a footfall to be heard. She's short, though that doesn't mean she's flat. Her cute body is dressed in a pink blouse, dark purple shorts, and stockings striped with light and dark shades of pink that reach up to her thighs. Her short red hair curls to a stop at her neck, and she has big, bright, violet eyes... usually. Right now, they're partially closed and seem distant. What's strange, at least to the intruders, is that she floats easily through the air without any wings to be seen.

She floats down to sit on your lap, and then lays her head beneath your neck. "I want attention, Lord Efrin..."

You wrap an arm around her. "It's noon. Cari. Did you just wake up?"

She nods.

The reason she's able to float is not because of a spell. Though the intruders would have no idea, she's actually an angel, though has chosen an appearance that makes it difficult to tell.

Cari crawls up to whisper, "Will you treat me tonight, my lord? It's been awhile and I'm getting jealous. Please?"

"I'm sort of in the middle of something right now, you know."

She glances over and your eyes follow. The party of adventurers, especially the young man at the front, don't look pleased. He clenches his teeth and seethes. You don't need to read his thoughts to know that much.

"Release your concubines and battle us, coward!" he shouts.

"You shut up!" Cari snacks back. "I'm trying to spend time with my love here."

You peer over to the cleric girl who has not only been quiet, but doesn't seem quite as threatening as the others. Her thoughts are interesting indeed. Oh gosh I'm so pent-up... I hate this. I can't believe Father Carsus won't even let me touch myself. What if I can't resist any longer? What if I'm not pure enough to be a priestess?

Now you ponder. She keeps glancing at me. She's not really looking at any of the girls.

"Cari?" you whisper. "I have something for you to do. Retrieve two of our incubi from the dungeon and bring them here. Also an hourglass, preferably one around five minutes."

"Yessir!" Immediately, she floats up from your lap and takes off towards a door in the back corner of the room.

You then stand. It frightens them enough to take a step back. "Close the doors," you command.

The front doors creak shut behind them. Your people ready themselves. By your throne, you have a nightmarish black pitchfork covered in jagged symbols and patterns. You grasp it firmly, and proceed to slam down the blunt end against the stone floor beneath you to fill the room with a loud, reverberating warning.

"I have decided. Fight me then. But I will give you a choice. Either battle me and my entire army, or one of you may combat me in a solo duel. Considering that you have yet to even see all that reside here, I do recommend the latter."

"We walked right in and now we're trapped," mutters the catfolk.

The dwarf nudges him. "Calm down. Don't show him fear."

Meanwhile, the paladin clenches his teeth. "Curses. Perhaps this is our chance. I can fight you, beast! But if your people intervene, then you will be sorry."

"I do not lie. Can the same be said about your church?"

"That's enough. Holy Weapon!" he shouts. As he does, a blinding, pale gold aura erupts around the blade of his sword. It seems like your guess of his class was correct. Though with that spell, it's mostly effective against creatures like the undead. It will make his strikes more potent, but as a devil, it does little extra to you.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)