More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by zenxraider zenxraider

What will you do first with your new power?

Go back to a different era in History

Having been left to your own devices, you bring a hand to your chin and ponder your options. The world was basically your oyster now, a personal playground to use as you saw fit, but how exactly did you want to leave your mark? The modern day and age grew quite tiresome to you. Too many selfish people had risen to power and the masses were left to squabble amongst the scraps, and yet these downtrodden masses appeared no different either as they cared more about petty possessions and trends than ousting their oppressors and building a bright future. Then again, you weren't much for politics to begin with and had largely removed yourself from such discussions. Of course now you could probably change all of that in an instant with the snap of your fingers, but should you? God Himself could step in at anytime yet chooses not to intervene, so why should you? No, the world would be best off on its own. If Humans could figure things out by themselves, great! And if not, well there would be room for other species and civilizations to rise in their place. Your mind decided, you turn your visions to the past.

History had always been your favorite subject when growing up. You found yourself fascinated by the tales of old, both recorded and fictitious, and often wondered what it would be like to experience these time periods first-hand. In some strange twist of fate, this door had now been swung wide open to you. Perhaps you would rule early humans as a living God? Or maybe you would create proper Pantheons of demi-gods in a similar fashion you were gifted with your own powers? A wide smile spreads upon your face. The possibilities were endless! But where to start? Off the top of your head, you could narrow down the bulk of Human history into a broad, highly abridged handful.

  • Pre-History: just as the name implies and spans the approximate time spans of 3 million B.C to 5,000 B.C. The layman's terms would describe this era as the Stone Age and is simply survival of the fittest.
  • Ancient History: Beginning in 5,000 B.C with the earliest Human writings in Mesopotamia and Ancient Egypt, and stretching to approximately 651 A.D with the collapse of the Sasanian Empire, or Neo-Persian Empire. This time period was best known for the Greco-Roman world in the West and the Han Dynasty in the East, as well as the Ancient Mayans in South America and the tribal Natives of North America.
  • Middle Ages: Following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire in 476 A.D, Europe was plunged into a literal Dark Age marked by Feudal Rule, Barbarian expansion, and Viking conquests. These tumultuous times saw little literacy and cultural input until the rise of Kingdoms in the High Middle ages around roughly 1,000 A.D. They eventually ended with the Italian Renaissance and Age of Discovery starting in 1,500 A.D. Oh yeah, and there's also the Black .
  • Modern History: Begins with the Italian Renaissance and Fall of Constantinople in 1,453 A.D. Highlights also include the Ming Dynasty in the East, and the Aztec Empire in the New World. As the Mid 18th Century rolled around, you had the Age of Revolutions to include the American, French, and Industrial Revolutions. Lastly, you had Contemporary History to play with, or otherwise known as History of Living Memory.

Now granted, there was still a little voice in the back of your head imploring you not to "fuck with the timeline" but you haughtily reminded it that whatever you did in the past would have no effect on this future. Multiverse theory would no longer be just theoretical by the time you were done. Whatever new futures sprung up from your experiments, you knew that your home timeline would remain with its own share of problems. Your mind made up, you snap your fingers and vanish on your personal Romp Through the Ages.

Which era did you choose?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)