More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by The Archmaester The Archmaester

In which world are you?

Dune

This is the year 10191 and Humanity has conquered the known universe, settling over 10,000 planets in a feudal empire. In this time, the most precious substance in the universe is melange or "the Spice", a powerful that extends human lifespan and grants incredible cognitive capabilities. The spice is also crucial to interstellar travel, making it the cornerstone of the empire. The use of melange have mutated some humans into evolved beings like the Mentats; humans with genius-level intellect or into the Bene Gesserit; an order of sisterhood whose increased prescient powers resemble magic.

However, melange is highly addictive and only grows on one planet, the desert world of Arrakis, and its deposits are guarded by the nearly indestructible giant sandworms.

Also called Dune, Arrakis, is a harsh and inhospitable desert planet yet it is inhabited by the mysterious and unruly Fremen, who have long rebelled against the empire. Once ruled by the slavers from House Harkonnen, the planet is now under the control of the Harkonnen's bitter rivals, the esteemed House Atreides, by order of the Emperor of the Known Universe.

  • Duke Leto Atreides the Just: Ruler of the entire ocean world of Caladan, Leto is renown for his sense of justice, charisma and his compassion towards his subjects. Leto was to take control of the important planet of Arrakis by the order of the emperor. While a great honor, Leto knows that it was a trap set up by the jealous emperor and his rival, Baron Valdimir Harkonnen, in order to remove him from his seat of power and hasten the decline of House Atreides who have become nearly on par with the ruling House Corrino.
  • Paul Atreides: The eldest child of Duke Leto and his Bene Gesserit concubine, Lady Jessica, Paul has inherited his father's political acumen and his mother's prescient abilities, leading many to believe him to be the destined leader of all mankind.
  • Vladimir Harkonnen: A gluttonous and lustful man, Vladimir is one of the wealthiest and most powerful man in the galaxy, second to the Emperor himself. However, the shrewd and ambitious Baron Harkonnen seeks to become Emperor Harkonnen by pitting the ruling House Corrino against his bitter enemy, House Atreides.
  • Shaddam Corrino IV: The 81st Pradishah Emperor of the Known Universe, Shaddam is the most powerful man in the galaxy but his reign is tenuous at best. After being in power for more than 10,000 years, complacency and corruption had weakened his House and its once invincible army, the Sardaukar. With no sons and five daughters, Shaddam seeks to arrest his family's decline by turning against his cousin, the popular Leto Atreides and forging an alliance with the duplicitous Baron Harkonnen.

The fate of the universe is in your hands. So who shall you be?

Author's Note:

After being hyped up by the trailer for the new Dune movie, so imagined my surprise to find that there isn't a single fanfiction of this incredible and underated story on this site. So here is my humble contribution. Please, drop a like, comment and feel free to add more chapters to this story.

I Must Not Fear. . . Fear is the Mind-Killer.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)