More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SG SG

Which tool?

Distributive Ataraxia

Ataraxia is a widespread concept; it goes by many names, but is universally sought-after. It is a state of inner tranquility, where one is free from all earthly concerns. The subject of this story has been granted a powerful tool: they can induce ataraxia with a touch. In addition, all recipients of their ataraxia gain the same ability.

Ataraxia, for the purpose of this story, has the following properties:

1. Freedom from concern. The ataraxic will be untroubled by all worries and anxieties. They will still seek to preserve themselves and avoid pain and suffering, but they will never again know fear, worry, or anxiety.

2. Tranquility. The ataraxic will find themselves in a perpetual state of calmness and peace. Even when suffering or unhappy, their heart rate will not rise and they will not get agitated. They will drift through life peacefully, with nothing to disturb their placidity.

3. Empathy and kindness. The ataraxic will always consider others before themselves, and will generally behave in as selfless a manner as possible. They will do everything in their power to prevent harm from coming to others and will seek to resolve conflicts as peacefully as possible.

3. Docility. The ataraxic will be extremely docile and accommodating. They will never refuse a request as long as it doesn't harm themselves or others, and they can be led around and manipulated with ease. If they find out that they've been deceived or are harmed, they will be extremely forgiving.

4. Honesty. The ataraxic will be unable to lie or be deceitful in any way. If something is on their mind, they will say it; if they would like something, they will request it. Note that in combination with docility, this means that any interaction between two ataraxics will result in them constantly helping and doing favors for one another, as both will be honest with their desires and compliant to each other.

So who's the distributor?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)