More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by enthusiast enthusiast

What's next?

Debbi The Artist's Model !

"Don't forget we have to go to that reception at the arts centre" Carol reminded Debbi as the working week drew to a close and they tidied up their desks. "Huh ?" queried Debbi, who had been looking forward to chilling out with a box set and a takeaway. "You haven't forgotten have you ? Audrey's painting exhibition ?" Carol clarified. Debbi groaned. She had forgotten about Jeff's wife and her artistic pretensions. "Can't we say we forgot ?" she moaned. "You can say what you like" Carol retorted. "But then you'll have to explain to Jeff on Monday, you know he'll be keeping tabs !" Debbi groaned again. "OK, but I'm not staying long."

Debbi did not get along with Jeff's wife. The older woman was a dreadful snob who looked down in Debbi's humbler origins, while at the same time being jealous of the pretty young woman and the attention that Jeff gave to his protege. Carol on the other hand was in the same age bracket as Audrey, ten years older than Debbi. And the pair knew each other from way back, even if Audrey could still be condescending towards her also.

Debbi nursed her glass of complimentary wine and glanced disinterestedly at the landscapes and still lifes hanging on the gallery wall. She had no artistic talent herself and so had a low level admiration for anyone who could conjure up a realistic representation of a scene. She allowed Audrey this. But she knew enough about painting to know that there was nothing original or innovative in her work, it was strictly that of a talented amateur.

Having made sure that Jeff had clocked her presence, Debbi was now looking for the chance to slip away. She had halted by a portrait of Jeff, which she had to admit was a good likeness, and alongside a painting of a woman she did not know and her dog. "So good of you to come" gushed Audrey, who had suddenly appeared at her elbow. "Studying our great leader I see" she continued, pointing at the portrait of Jeff. "Er, yes, it's a very good likeness" said Debbi.

Carol had come over to joint them. "Yes, well, it's all part of my artistic progression" Audrey declared pompously. "I want to expand my oeuvre. I feel I've said all I want to say in the field of landscape and now want to investigate the human condition" she elucidated. "Really ?" said Debbi distractedly. "Yes. What I really want to do now is to explore the classical human form but it's so hard to find a model" Audrey asserted. "Oh, you've always said you'd like to be a model Deb" Carol butted in. "Have I ?" Debbi couldn't ever recall having said any such thing or ever having had any such thought ! "Yes, you remember. At that Pilates class ?" Carol insisted. "Er, um" Debbi still had no recollection.

Audrey considered. "That would be just wonderful." She looked Debbi up and down. "You certainly have the figure for it" she commented. "Er, I, er" Debbi was confused. "Jeff" Audrey called loudly to her husband across the crowded room. "Debbi's agreed to pose nude for me. Isn't that great ?" Debbi was wide eyed. ""Oh, er, yes, wonderful, good show" stammered Jeff !

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)