More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by PiZzA101 PiZzA101

Whose story will we follow?

Dave Boil (23, M)

Dave was a guy who preferred quieter things, and solitude in general. A simple job working for his uncle’s branch firm as an intern, Dave spent his days doing work for law school, and preferred reading over any sort of actual socializing with people. That wasn’t too say he didn’t have friends. Dave all too often found himself bailing on invites to dinner with friends, only because he found the situation far more stressful than just lazing at his shared 4 bedroom apartment.

One recent discovery via a book on minimalism had him intrigued. It presented a lot of insight into his own life, and the things he used. Dave suddenly found himself a lot more conscientious about the amount of THINGS he seemed to own. He started sending stuff back to his parents house, and then began outright throwing away the things he deemed having no worth on his own life.

Which is why, when his roommates said they were going on a beach trip together, he found himself very eagerly declining the offer. Not that he didn’t want to go, but Dave had come up with a much more fun way to spend the days while his roommates would be gone. The last step in the book he had read, was to try going without ANYTHING unnecessary, if for a short period of time. The book claimed doing so helped people gain a true grasp on their important possessions, and specifically noted that the experiment was often done including clothes, over the course of a weekend with no plans.

So when Dave’s roommates left for the beach, he very promptly stripped naked, and gathered everything in his room that wasn’t crucial to his hygiene or health into his closet. Dave procured a small lock, and locked his closet door off. With a deep breath, Dave took the key from his hand, and dropped it down into a small box, and slammed the lid shut. The timer stop the box began counting down, with the screen reading a simple, but sobering 47:59:59.

With that, Dave had locked all but his bed and a bin of hygiene products into the closet, starting a series of events that would make him quickly regret his decision.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)