More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by enthusiast enthusiast

What's next?

Company Physical

It had been one of the key HR initiatives driven by Debbi's boss Jeff over the last few months. A new comprehensive private health scheme for all staff, negotiated at a most favourable rate. Debbi's team had been delegated to handle all of the necessary admin and it had been a pre-requisite of the insurance company that all employees undergo a fully documented physical prior to the adoption of the scheme. Today was the deadline for these physicals to have taken place and Debbi's assistant Carol noticed that there was one conspicuous absentee among all the completed forms she was collating. Debbi herself !

Carol strode nonchalantly into Debbi's office. "I don't seem to have your paperwork for the health insurance physical ? Today's the last day remember and they all have to be in." Debbi looked shocked. She had completely forgotten and apart from it being a great scheme and well worth having, she knew the importance that Jeff had attached to it. "Shit, I forgot. Shit, shit, shit ! And my car's in for repair today. And my doctor needs three days notice for non-urgent appointments." She was flustered. "Carol, what can I do ?"

Carol's mind was working overtime. "We only need any qualified doctor to do the physical and tick the boxes. I have a friend who works at the Southbank Clinic. I'll phone and see if I can get you an after hours appointment." "Oh Carol could you ? You'r e star ! But my car ? I won't be able to get over to Southbank." "No problem" said Carol. "I'll give you a lift there and then back home." "I would be sooooo grateful, thanks a lot Carol" answered Debbi.

Carol grinned to herself as she returned to her desk to make arrangements with her friend Laura who was in fact just a receptionist at the clinic and not a doctor. "Yeah, the full works. Really put her through the mill ! And maybe persuade her this company needs some confidential photos for its records ?" Both women laughed.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)