More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by TheDespaxas TheDespaxas

Who is getting in the shop? And how did they get there?

Brian Prince , 24 year old geek. Mystery hunter.

Today was a special day. The day of a 10 year long quest.

When you were only 14 you witnessed something strange, a woman standing right next to you in the street vanished away under your eyes, leaving all her clothes on the floor. When it happened she was fumbling with some sort of gadget you didn't recognize. Looking through what she left you found an empty wallet and a ticket for a 657,37$ teleportation device from Amazing Curiosities and Marvels Emporium.

This was too elaborate to be a prank and you were the only witness, it had to be real. You started by looking at the address on the receipt only to find a long clothed shoe store with homeless men living in it. It launched you on a quest that took most of your free time for the last decade. Prowling the web in search of stories of mysterious shops or strange devices. It went as far as skipping school to go on a road trip in hope of finding it after getting a lead on your website. (it became popular in your close circle of mystery hunters.)

You saved a lot of money from small jobs and playing poker online to always have at least a grand in cash on you in case you found the shop.

Until that day, you were coming back from Ohio, where a story broke of a man with incredible luck after buying a horseshoe but it was a scam to sell a bunch of old horseshoes he found in a farm.

It was back home, to your parents home where you still lived. Your 23 year old sister Veronica lived there too, with little more prospects in life than you but a lot more support from your parents who gave her anything she wanted. She spent her time mocking you for being a Virgin lover and boasting about all the sex she had all the time. Worse she had just started dating a former bully of yours, Chad Landwick and he now would often come to your house.

Stopping for gas at the edge of town you noticed a strange old building that you never saw before. The wooden sign over the door was inscribed in cursive letters with the inscription you spent your life searching for.

Amazing Curiosities and Marvels Emporium.

You had finally found it.

What do you find to buy inside?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)