More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by TheDespaxas TheDespaxas

What do you find to buy inside?

A voodoo doll simulator.

You are little disappointed that even if you found the shop you wouldn't unlock its secrets. The sign over the counter clearly states that he won't get answers about the store and that questions will prevent him from buying anything.

The other sign that enforces a strict one item per customer policy is a real killjoy too as your eyes wander around on so many unique artifacts and gadgets.

On some of the very full shelves you even spot kinky stuff like dildo and blowing dolls. (life like and feeling as good as the real thing according to the label.)

Your eyes are drawn to a silly toy on a shelf, lost between dusty old books and an old golden chalice. It looks like one of those cheap electronic toys, smaller than a smartphone but with a tactile screen. On its back there is a brown drawing of a voodoo doll, there is a small compartment like those for batteries on the head. You can read "Voodoonator 2000" in red letters over the black casing.

The small card on the shelf tells that this device can alter, influence or control a person after an hair or nail in the back compartment.

This thing looks awesome, it costs every last cent you have on you but with the limit on only one purchase it looks totally worth it. In any other place you would never pay such a sum for a thing like that but your decade of research has proved to you the real powers of the ACME products.

"I would like to buy this, sir" you tell the owner as you put the device on the counter.

"Oh an interesting choice, alright it will be 1057,26$ here is your receipt. We don't accept returns, the products work as advertised but there is no guarantee if you break it. " he says to you as you empty your wallet and pockets on the counter to pay the price for the Voodoonator 2000.

You take the device and leave the shop, you have a strange feeling you turn back and as always described about this shop it's gone, in its stead is a closed Blockbuster Video store.

Your life quest for the shop is over without you getting the answers you looked for but you got your hands on one of its mysterious devices.

The only question is what to do with it. You turn it on but apart from some interface on the margin the center of the screen is only showing a grey backdrop. You need something from a person to test it.

There should be hairs laying around in the bathroom at your house, maybe you can test it on your mom or sister.

Of course you could use the alteration power of the device on yourself.

What do you do first?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)