More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

What's next?

Before the dance

Weiss waited for Jaune to stop singing like a dying cat and playing the guitar like he had picked it up that morning. With the upcoming dance, she knew that the eligible bachelors of Beacon would come after Weiss Schnee the Heiress—the Heiress, not the Huntress—but she wished that their invitations wouldn't have the words "cruel" and "unusual" as descriptors.

"Are you done?" she asked when the cacophony came to a blessed close.

"Yes," Jaune said.

"No," she answered, and she slammed the door in his face.

"And that's why everyone calls you the Ice Queen," Yang said.

"Oh hush," Weiss said. "It was out of deep respect that I gave him an honest answer instead of leading him along in a dead end relationship."

Blake glanced up from her book. "Keep being honest like that, and you'll end up going to the dance alone."

Weiss rolled her eyes. "Please, there are plenty of fish in the sea. I don't have to go after the low hanging fruit."

Ruby tilted her head. "There's fruit in the sea too?"

Weiss gave her a flat look. "That was an idiom."

"Two, technically," Blake said.

"Oh," Ruby said. "So it's a dumb fish that you're going to … or was it a fruit? What does this have to do with your date?"

"Absolutely nothing."

"Right. Well, I'm sure you'll find someone, and he'll love you just the way you are."

"Until he gets to know her," Blake added.

"Hey!" Weiss protested.

"That's not true," Ruby said. "We know her, and we still like her. Besides, the dance is still days away. If she can't find one by then, I'll go naked."

Yang let out a laugh. "Seriously? I'd pay good money to see that."

Blake raised an eyebrow. "You'd pay money to see your sister naked?"

"In a formal dance?" Yang said. "Heck yeah. It would be hilarious."

Ruby had been joking, of course. She knew it, Yang knew it, the whole team knew it. But joke or not, Ruby never went back on her word.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)