More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by splotch splotch

What's next?

At Belinda's ball

Demarra arrived at the ball. Her arrival was met with an audible whisper through the party. the Countess smirked to herself. That meant they were afraid of her. Well, if they stood in her way, they should be. She shooed away her entourage of guards and attendants. She wanted to look strong and independent, not reliant on the help.

Demarra helped herself to a glass of champagne from a server as she smoothly glided through the ballroom of Queen Belinda. She saw Baron Vanderbelt and his wife talking to another couple. Smirking to herself, Demarra approached their group.

"Ahh, lady Demarra!" The Baron said when he saw her, taking her hand with a bow. "Lovely to see you. Tis a fine party!"

"I'm sure it is, but I'm more interested in the 5 thousand gold in back payments for grain you owe me."

The Baron coughed, instantly made sheepish and uncomfortable. Nobility was not used to this treatment, even from a fellow lord. Definitely not from a lady!

"Yes, I needed the grain for our army's march to the south," He explained, flustered. "Once we've taken those lands we'll have all the money needed..."

"Yes, yes," Demarra waved his excuses away wearily. "Just remember, you're interest rate is fifteen percent a month." She reminded The baron.

"So high! Surely you see that's unreasonable!" The Baron's wife spoke up.

"Please don't interrupt." Countess Demara said smoothly. She loved the look of barely contained fury on the Baroness face. "Just pay me what I'm owed, or suffer the greater consequences."

Not waiting for a response, Demara smoothly slide away.

"That bitch!" The baroness hissed.

"Now now," His wife said. "I have a feeling the Countess Demara will get what's coming to her soon..."

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)