More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by fantaghiro fantaghiro

What race does he pick?

Asian

"I wish my wife was a hot Asian teenager just like our old babysitter, Su-lin."

He felt a tingle from the coin, almost like an electric shock but more pleasurable than painful. Then the shininess of the coin faded; the coin became dull looking. Tom stared at it in his hand for a moment, then he realized the old man was no longer sitting beside him. He had vanished! Tom was still looking at the now empty seat beside him when he heard Sarah approach and looked up.

He was surprised to see an attractive Asian girl who looked alot of Su-lin! She sat down beside him and took a lick from her ice cream cone. "Kids! Come sit down," she called out in a completely American accent.

Tom's kids - Josh (8) and Emma (6) came running over with their own ice cream, plopping on the bench beside the girl. Tom looked around in confusion. They were with Sarah. Who was this girl?

"Thank you Meiling", Emma said sweetly, hugging up against the girl. "You're the best babysitter ever!". Her brother Josh tapped her arm. "Nuh uh, dummy. She's our mom now, not our babysitter anymore!"

Emma gave a contrite look to the girl (Meiling?, Tom wondered). "Sorry Meiling ... I mean Mommy."

Meiling smiled and stroked Emma's long hair. "That's okay sweetie. I was your babysitter for most of your life. I've only been your mommy for a few months, so don't worry about it." She pulled Emma into a hug. "And even if I'm your new mommy, I'll never replace your other mommy, right?"

Tom struggled to understand what was happening. 'The coin!' he realized, 'it actually worked!' But what had it done? It seemed that Sarah was now Meiling, a Chinese-American girl who used to babysit his kids instead of Su-lin. And now he was married to her! Was he widowed? Divorced?

Thankfully his kids were unchanged, but that raised more questions. What had happened to the original Sarah? Had he been married to her? Had she even existed?

He noted the wedding ring on Meiling's finger and the new one he wore. The coin felt dead in his hand - he remembered the old man said something about it maybe needing to recharge, so he guessed he couldn't use it again for now. But he needed to figure out what was going on!

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)