More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AstralRider AstralRider

What are you again?

Are you a boy?

You go about your day as you've had been since you arrived in this town. You've approached several establishments and have made your case to work under their gaze. It has been frustrating. A number have turned you away due to your scrawny figure. Others due to your ill-speech. Some because of your inexperience in the field they practice. Regardless of the reason you are still in the same position you were when you left Kelp Keep. Without purpose.

Heading back to your Inn, The Dragon's Mare, you set your bag down by a table in the corner. Pulling out a bag of rations, you enjoy the jerky while washing it down with the water. You then tug a book from your bag and begin to read it. Something one of the tavern maids gave you to pass the time at night. It was a poorly written halfling novel about high adventure in the mountains.

Some more time passes. The streets have been lit by the lamplights and the tavern has grown busier. As you continue reading your book, two gruff looking human men sit down at the table behind you. They are yammering on at each other about their latest haul. You can easily tell they are thieves.

As their drinks are brought to their table, you ignore them as most of the conversation switches to jokes about the waitress. A half-elf woman with brown hair. Slurs about her mixed blood start the string of foul language. However the direction switches as they muse about how much they'd still like to fuck her. Every conceivable way they can think of is laid out. Then dialogue of their sexual conquests.

Before you've had enough for one night and decide to call it, they settle down and switch topics once more. Now more . They go back to talking about shady dealings. As you are about to stand, a sentence catches you off guard.

"So we'll rob the magic twat tomorrow night. She'll be gone by high moon and we can roll in to her shop, grab the elixirs for Koroth and reap the bounty."

"Easy!" the other bandit exclaimed. No one in the tavern seemed to pay him any attention. "Vera deserves this. The stupid bitch. Doing what she did to Rodrick. I wish we could slice her. Fucking wizards."

The two continue back and forth for another twenty minutes. You pretend to read at this point while listening to their plans. You're gathered they plan to rob an alchemist shop in town called The Violet Vial, run by a human woman named Vera. She often contracts mercenaries, merchants or travelers to seek out special plants or herbs for her stock. However, Rodrick was unhappy with the reward. Seeking a higher payment after the job was more dangerous then she lead them to believe. After intimidating her failed, he tried to kill her with his dagger. Quickly, a flash came from her hands and morphed him into a toad.

Wilhelm, one of the bandits behind you, also expressed some anger that when he tried to defend his friend, his dagger bounced off an invisible shield. Being from Kelp Keep where wizards are more common, you are aware this particular wizard was using a shield spell.

So....

What will you do?

  • No further chapters
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)