More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

What celebrity visits Adult Video?

Anna Kendrick - needs you to teach her something

At first, out of the corner of your eye you just see a pretty brunette walk through the door. And it's always pleasant when someone pretty comes into the shop. Whether it's appropriate or not, creepy or not, finding out the desires and sexual details of the attractive is one of the few perks of your job.

It's not until she gets closer to your counter that she starts to look familiar... very familiar.

She's wearing a pink button-up shirt, a pair of jean shorts down to her knees, and a big friendly smile. She's effortlessly sexy. She doesn't need to reveal a lot of flesh or feign horniness in order to be immediately desirable. That's one of the things you find most appealing about Anna Kendrick.

Another thing is that at this moment she's standing in front of you.

She extends her hand and you shake it, though you're not sure why. "Reporting for duty sir." She says, which makes no sense to you. But her look is very familiar. "I'm here to shadow." Again, no clue. And she finally gets it. She wrinkles her nose. She's so damn cute, and standing right in front of you. It's a tragedy that you've gotten off to this horrible start. Then again if she'd say things that made sense, you're not sure that you wouldn't still be a blubbering piece of jell-o in her presence. "You have no idea why I'm here, do you?" She asks with a smirk.

"None." You say, trying to be playful. "But we have a large selection of adult items and we're here to serve the whole community so..." You throw up your hands. You're pretty certain Anna isn't here for porn.

"My agent said that your boss had told you that I'm here to shadow you and get some experience for a new film I'm doing?
She states it in the form of a question as if to say: 'is that okay?'

Of course it's okay. Hanging out with Anna for... however long, could only make any job better. And of course, your boss is to blame. He's a nice guy, but his communication skills have never been ideal. In fact you've taken to doing your job without expecting any input from him. You know the distributors of the merchandise, you know what day new shipments come in, you figure it out.

For a moment you think of running back into the manager's office to see if there's a note on the disaster that is his desk. But that would take you away from Anna. And that would be terrible.

"Ever have a boss who doesn't really tell you anything?" You ask.

"Ha! I've had some directors." Anna responds.

"Well come around here and give me the rundown." You gesture for her to join you on your side of the counter. Which she does.

Now you're leaning up against the wall, Anna's seated on your stool, and the two of you are chatting as if you're long-time pals.

"It's a raunchy romantic comedy" Anna explains. "It's set in the early 90's with an all Nirvana soundtrack. I play a nymphomaniac who works at a store like this who replaces the video tapes with tapes she makes of herself doing wild things. And the male lead, who hasn't been cast yet, plays a Mormon who comes in to buy videos and destroy them, but he ends up watching them and falling in love with me."

"Huh" You say, you don't have much more than that to contribute. A movie where Anna is a nymphomaniac sounds fun. But even if it's rated R, you're certain there won't really be any skin on display. Anna's never been that type of actress. "What's it called?"

"Smells Like Love" Anna says, rolling her eyes. "For now at least. We're working on that title."

For the next 5 hours you and Anna shoot the shit, joking, laughing, having a great time. You explain to her what it's like working at an adult store, which, to be honest, is pretty boring. It's retail. Retail with lots of T&A, but ultimately retail.

A few customers come in. They buy the usual stuff. Some truckers buy some DVDs. A couple buys a dumb novelty game. A man in a suit, nervous as hell, buys a vibrator.

By the end of the day you're as attracted to her as ever. But more than anything romantic or sexual, which you don't expect, after all, she's way out of your league, you'd be thrilled to be pals. And for the first time in your life you can't wait to come into work the next day and spend some more time with her.

"Thanks for a great day of info. Maybe tomorrow something interesting will happen." Anna says, as you're counting your drawer and closing up shop.

"Oh, nothing interesting happens here." You say... thinking, except for Anna Kendrick coming in and being awesome.

"Well before you go, I wanted to ask you a question." She says. You don't think anything of it. She's asked 100 questions over the course of the day. Research and stuff.

But this question takes you by surprise.

What's her question?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)