More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 13 by reaper13 reaper13

What do you encounter along your journey?

An unfortunate adventurer

You seem to walk for hours through the Blauwalt. The trees all look the same. You can’t tell if you have been going in one straight line, or going in circles. It is dark too. The trees have so much foliage, their leaves block out the sun. You have no idea if it is still day, or if night has already set.

You are staring up, trying to discern exactly that, when you almost stumble over something. It is an adventurer resting next to a tree. Or rather … it was once.

The only thing left of the adventurer is a skeleton and some armor hanging from his bones. It is clear that he has been here for several years. Someone who got lost in this forest and died of exhaustion. Moss has grown around many parts or his remains, almost like the forest is trying to swallow him. A shiver runs down your spine when you entertain the thought that this might be a portent of your own future.

You push that thought out of your head and kneel down to inspect the remains. You discover that the boots, though a little rusty, are still in good condition. You slip the boots from the bones and put them on your own feet. To your surprise, they have wool padding inside. You curl your toes inside the boots and revel in the soft gentle feeling.

Before you continue on your journey, you kneel by the remains, place your palm on the skull and make a prayer.

“Praise to you, brave adventurer. May you find your way to the heavens and find peace in the embrace of the Burning Rose.”

You then get up and look at yourself. You figure you must look quite silly, being dressed in only your sash and underclothes, but then also have armored hands and feet. At any rate, better something then nothing. And so, you continue your journey.

What other things do you encounter?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)