More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Euqen Euqen

Who are you?

An asian housewife

EDIT 04/2023: Imgur is deleting a lot of pictures soon. If you see less than three below, click https://archive.is/dNAS8

The woman in the car sounds a tad frantic. "Honey?"

So does the man on the other end of the line. "Baby? Are you okay?" A car door slams. An engine starts up.

"Yeah, yeah, I just heard about this...thing. It was on the TV at Double-X's."

That wasn't the actual name, it was Express Espresso, but everyone called it Double-X, including the little coffee klatch that met every Tuesday at 10.

"Same," the husband says. "It was on the radio at work, and then we turned on the TV. Boss sent everyone home."

"Oh. Okay. I'll...I'll see you at home?"

"Yeah, we need to meet and plan. We still have that rice in the pantry, right?"

"Last time I checked. I can't believe this is happening!"

"Look, just imagine it's like the flu."

The wife snorts. "Really weird flu."

The husband snorts too. "Highway coming up. Call me back when you get home."

The woman flicked the turn signal. "Okay. Almost home. I love you."

"Love you too." Beep.

The woman puts the phone down, and focuses on cutting the car into her driveway. She parks it in her usual spot - outside the garage, with room for her husband to get in - turns off the engine, looks around, and freezes.

A neighbor is on the front lawn next door. She was sunbathing in the backyard when the housewife left.

She looks a little different, now.

The woman's hands tighten on the steering wheel, and she breathes out sharply though gritted teeth.

"Yabai."_- - - - - -

_

AN: I chose this theme because, frankly, the gifs were easiest to find.

Can the wife make it inside?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)