More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by JackOLantern JackOLantern

Who was I?

Adam Hunter and Lillian Bell, Male and Female, A Horny Couple

When I was in my teenage years I was often teasingly called “tall, dark, and handsome” by my peers on account of being six feet and three inches tall, slightly tan on account of being one-fourth Hispanic, and while I never quite thought of myself as actually handsome, I also understood that wasn’t what people were trying to say. Not much had changed since I entered my twenties, frankly. My jet black hair was a bit longer, down to my chin and center parted, I had a bit of a stubble, and I unfortunately had put on a little weight since the end of school also brought about the end of sports activities for me.

“It’s a really pretty mirror, I think,” A figure slipped into the view of the glass next to me, a figure I knew and loved very well. Lillian wrapped her arms around my waist and hugged me from behind, peering at herself in the mirror as well, her head sticking out from behind my shoulder. She was a foot shorter than me.

Her green eyes sparkled with the same youthful attitude that I’d fallen for, even after a year of being together. Her own hair, half dyed black with the other half left her natural shade of platinum blonde, was always neatly straightened with a small shelf of neatly trimmed bangs just over her black brows. And though she had moved on from the sort of punky goth style I’d fallen in love with as a teen into a more mature and sleeker goth style, it did nothing to detract from her overall sexiness. I was one of the lucky few to be actually going out with his middle and high school crush, even if it did take several years after graduation for us to actually start.

“It’s all right,” I replied, shrugging, “you put it to shame, though.”

She gave me a light squeeze and giggled, “Shut up, you.”

“I can’t believe they managed to keep the glass this clean, the rest of it looks so beat up.” As I said this, I reached forward to touch the flawless surface of the mirror.

When my fingers finally made contact, I watched in awe as glowing circles appeared on the spots I was touching, accompanied by a slight heat like they were pressed against a lightbulb. Before I could react and whip my fingers away, I suddenly felt a wave of vertigo, more intense than any I had felt before. Like my whole body had been flipped in a complete circle from every angle possible at the same time.

I felt Lillian’s arms tighten around me, telling me that she was experiencing the same sensation. After a split second I was perfectly fine, perfectly steady with no indication that I had just felt like I had been rapidly rotated in a perfect sphere. I looked back to the surface of the mirror, and it took the span of about two seconds to notice that something was wrong. We both looked normal, but our room had changed.

Lillian reacted first, “What the fuck?”

The room we were in looked simple enough, with wood-paneled walls and a royal purple carpet, but no windows to speak of. There were just two dark wooden doors on the walls to our left and right. The left-hand door had the image of a clothes-hangar painted in a bright violet, and the other had what looked like an artist’s brush in the same color.

The room’s furniture consisted of two black-colored leather couches with an ornate wooden coffee table between them. Along the far wall were shelves lined with books that had no titles and were only numbered in roman numerals on their spines. All of the furniture, door frames, and even the baseboards of the room had the feeling of a classic turn-of the century design. Additionally, nestled into one corner of the room was a small minibar with a couple of stools and a cabinet of expensive-looking liquor.

Standing right in front of us was a person that I thought was a woman at first. Had he not been nearly completely naked there would have been little indication that he was male, his face was distinctly feminine with light freckles and soft makeup around the eyes and lips. His blood red hair was medium-length and messy, his bangs nearly covering his bicolored eyes, one blue and one green. The hair on his head was also the only trace of hair on his body, no armpit hair, no leg hair, not even arm hair.

Adding to the rather ambiguous aspect of his gender was that his nearly flat chest had a slight fatty roundness that looked like the beginnings of breasts, which were tipped in unusually large and puffy nipples for a man. In addition, his entire body in general was rather feminine, with wide hips, narrow shoulders, and fattier thighs than one would expect. Even his hands and feet were small and thin, tipped at the nails with red polish matching his hair. But the aspect that made it obvious that this individual was indeed male was a distinct bulge in the guy’s black panties, which was all he wore as far as clothing went.

“The seal has been…” he began but paused then cocked his head, a confused look on his face. His voice sounded perfectly feminine, like a woman with a slightly deep voice.

“Uh—” I began but Lillian interrupted me.

“Where the hell are we?” she got right to the point, and right to the heart of the matter. That was good because I was about to ask him why he was almost naked. Hers was a much more important question to ask.

“You’re in the Studio. I can’t quite explain exactly what this place is to you in a way you can easily understand, the best I can do is tell you what it does. The owner of the Studio is capable of using it to create new realities in which the owner will have total control.”

“What does that even mean?” I asked.

“To put it in terms I believe you will understand best, the owner of this room can be like a god or goddess, creating worlds from nothing and then manipulating said world in whatever way they desire. Even in ways that ordinarily would not be possible, as the owner would have complete control over the fundamental laws of their world, so they are in control of what is possible. Allow me to give you an example.”

I could feel Lillian inhale breath like she was about to respond, but before she could I felt the same rush of strange vertigo from a moment ago. She held on tightly to me once again until the feeling stopped. We were now somewhere else entirely.

We were in somebody’s home but not our own. It was a small, quaint little place, and I was standing in the living room. A fireplace was in front of me, lit with a comfortable warmth issuing from it. Atop the mantle of the hearth were a number of photographs with slightly familiar faces on them, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on who they were.

“Whoa, what’s going on?” I wheeled around to look for the mirror or the strange naked kid, but they weren’t here, just Lillian and me alone in somebody else’s living room.

Don’t panic, I heard the redhead’s voice, but I couldn’t see him anywhere.

“Where did you go?” Lillian asked.

I’m still in the studio. I can communicate with you both freely as long as you are here. Welcome to the world created by the mirror’s previous owner.

“Hey,” Lillian got my attention. She was looking closely at the photos on the mantle, “I feel like I’ve seen him before.”

It was in that moment that I began to recognize the features of the people in the photos. “It’s my grandpa and grandma,” I said, distantly. They looked very happy; in fact, I had never seen my grandfather so happy before. “They look much younger, like they did back when they were our age.”

“No kidding?” Lillian asked, “That’s so weird.”

This world was designed to be exactly like your world in nearly every way, with the exception that a few of the previous owner’s friends and family being alive who were deceased in his world.

This revelation struck a deep chord in me. Though I knew little of him, I knew that my grandfather mourned very deeply for his late wife, it would have made sense that given this kind of power he would have created a world where he could be with her again.

“There are people here? Besides us?” Lillian asked.

Indeed, I did say you could alter any aspect of your world, this includes creating people.

Suddenly the vertigo returned, and we were once again inside “the Studio” as the redhead called it. Lillian was too far away to hold me tight this time, but it seemed she didn’t need to. She was fine on her own, though we both stumbled a little and I nearly fell flat on my ass. Yet again, the redhead was there, standing nearly nude in front of us.

“You are certainly not my previous Master, so I can only assume he has passed away and left you this mirror in his will. This is the only way the mirror could have taken you here.” He was looking at me when he said this, but his voice was a little shaky, like something about this wasn’t going according to what he expected. And given that he kept glancing at Lillian, it didn’t take a genius to figure out why.

My girlfriend was the one to bring it up, though, “I’m not supposed to be here, am I? This is supposed to be his ‘studio’ or whatever.”

The redhead didn’t immediately respond, perhaps sensing that this was about to be a complicated subject. Eventually, though, he did, “That is correct. The Studio has never pulled two different people into itself before, did you both touch the mirror at the same time?”

I shook my head, “I touched it.”

“I was hugging him at the time, though.”

“I see,” the redhead replied, stroking his chin, thoughtfully, “that would explain why I am being compelled to designate you as the owner and not her.”

“I don’t want it,” I said, without hesitation. There was some part of me that knew this was an amazing opportunity that I was potentially just throwing away, but I didn’t care.

“What?” Lillian looked even more shocked than the redhead as she looked up at me.

“If Lillian doesn’t get it too, I don’t want it. Is that mirror behind us the way out?”

“Wait, hold on just a moment, please,” the redhead said, he looked away from us, gazing into a corner of the room in deep thought. “Allow me to process this.”

In the meantime, Lillian rather forcibly grabbed and tugged on my arm to urge my had down to her level and planted a deep, loving kiss on my lips. “Thanks, babe,” she whispered, and then hugged my arm, her modest but soft breasts pressing softly against it.

“I would feel terrible playing around with this thing without you, especially if you knew about it and knew I was enjoying it without you. That would be fucked up.” I replied.

“Still, says a lot about you.”

“Okay,” the redhead announced, interrupting us, “I think I may be overreacting. I can not find any rules that indicate you would not be able to designate your friend as a co-owner. You’d have to accept the owner designation first, though.”

“Okay,” I said, nodding, “I’ll accept the owner designation and then make Lillian my co-owner. I want her to have just as much access as I do.”

“This can be done, but there will be certain commands that may require unanimous support from both parties. This will include the command to remove the owner status from either of you.”

“Do it,” I said without giving myself any chance to hesitate. Lillian squeezed my hand.

“Very well, the seal is now set. You are both henceforth designated co-owners of the Studio. It will be a pleasure working with you.” The redhead smiled, and I had to admit, his smile was very cute.

“I’m Lillian, by the way, Lillian Bell.”

“And I’m Adam Hunter,” I added. “Now, who exactly are you?”

“I am the Studio. But if you meant this specific form you are speaking to, this is a user-interface for you to interact with. Things usually go much more smoothly if you just think of the interface as a separate person, however it doesn’t actually have any official name or designation. So, you two are free to name it if you want. This decision technically need not be unanimous, I will answer to both names if you have different ideas, but it might be confusing if it isn’t agreed upon.”

“Wait, so, you’re not a real person?” Lillian asked.

“While I am certainly real, I am not a human being, like you two. I am an artificially created intelligence that runs the Studio and all of its functions. Whether or not you think an artificial intelligence should be assigned ‘personhood’ is a matter for your own philosophical beliefs. I would recommend not thinking about any of this too much, as it ultimately doesn’t matter, and I do not personally have the capacity to care how you view me, in the end. I am yours to command and that is what matters.”

“Okay, I guess that makes sense,” I replied. It certainly did make it easier to communicate with an actual person rather than… whatever the alternative would be. “And why are you naked?”

“Ordinarily I would simply maintain the appearance of whatever the previous owner set me as, however it seems that having two people enter the studio at once caused an error to occur in that process. Instead, it seems I defaulted to generating an appearance that would be equally attractive to both of you at the same time.”

Lillian and I shared a look, both of us were blushing. She was the first to say anything, “Well, he is pretty cute, I won’t deny. Wait, you’re bisexual too?” She suddenly looked at me very intensely.

“Wait, ‘too’?” I replied back. This genuinely had never come up in the whole year we had been going out.

“Oh my god, how did I not figure it out!?” Lillian exclaimed, but she seemed oddly happy.

“I mean, guys like him don’t come along very often, you know?” I shrugged.

“Well, yeah, I guess that’s true. You have no excuse though, how could you not possibly think I was bi? I grope Nikki all the time!”

I blushed a little, “I always just thought you were teasing me or just… I dunno.” In my defense, I had always been a lot more focused on how hot it was than anything else. It was a gift horse I did not want to look in the mouth, Nikki was cute and busty.

Lillian giggled, “You are such a dork. Anyway, we should name this guy, yeah?”

“Sure,” I agreed, glad to have a change in subject. “What are you thinking? You’ve always been better at this sort of thing.”

“Well given how he looks… maybe something androgynous? Or unisex?”

“Like Alex?”

“Yeah, but not Alex, that’s my brother’s name. I don’t want to be thinking about my little bro whenever I look at this guy. He’s hot, my bro isn’t.”

I laughed, “Fair, fair.” I took a long look at him. He was pretty hot. And maybe it was me being distracted by his girlish frame and small bulge, but the name I suggested next was very simplistic, “Scarlet?”

Lillian looked like she was about to object, but then she really looked at him, “You know, actually, maybe simpler is better in this case. Why not? Scarlet. It does kinda suit him.”

“Very well,” he replied, “I shall now respond to the name, ‘Scarlet’.”

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)