More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by hambo hambo

What does Hilda encounter?

A shrouded, mysterious figure.

As Hilda continues walking, she sees a strange, cloaked figure standing in the middle of the road up ahead.

She calls out to them, but gets no response.

Deciding the best course of action is to be cautious, Hilda draws her sword and slowly approaches the person.

As she gets closer (probably no more than 10 feet away from them), she starts to get a better look at the person.

They're about 4' 10" tall, dressed completely in black, billowy robes that completely obscures their figure. The person appears to have no weapon, but is leaning on what appears to be a cane, or walking stick.

They're standing with their back to me. Maybe they didn't hear me the first time?

Hilda calls out again, but still gets no response.

Maybe they're deaf?

She decides to get closer, but keeps her sword ready to strike, just in case something happens.

When Hilda gets to be about five feet away from the person, they suddenly spin around to face her.

Their speed catches Hilda completely by surprise, and before she can react a flash of light momentarily blinds her, causing the knight to stagger back. She feels light-headed and disoriented, but only for a moment.

Hilda raises her sword in a defensive manner and demands to know who they are and what they're doing here.

The creature lifts back the hood of her robe, revealing a white-haired elf with skin as black as coal. It's a drow!

"My name is Sz'Ilveeuhhhh S'Paaanggzzzk. I serve the mighty House S'Anhtuh from the Underdark's greatest city, L'Ohnga Hassnahme, and I have come to the surface world to face its mightiest warriors and challenge them to an honorable duel," says the drow.

She eyes Hilda up and down before a smirk appears on her face.

"And judging by the way you handled yourself just now, I can tell you are very worthy."

She licks her lips and stares at you, her gaze seeming to pierce Hilda's very soul.

"You will face me, wont you?"

Does she?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)