More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by AliHart AliHart

What is the story that we will follow?

A recently-divorced mother with twin daughters encounters a magical object.

Kathleen Jacobs sat alone in her parked car as she often did after work these days. Her divorce had finalized only weeks before and she was still processing it. Her now-ex husband Richard had brought up the divorce out of the blue, Kathleen was still reeling.

Worse, he'd never given her a reason. At least not in so many words. The most likely explanation was that their twin daughters, Ashley and Madison, were 18.

He'd filed for divorce about 3 months after their birthday, so Kathleen guessed he'd only been with her for the kids. He'd made that perfectly clear when he signed away his custody. A clean break for him, she figured.

Kathleen had put everything into her marriage, and for what? At least she had the girls, and her job, and a place to live: a modest two bedroom condo in the suburbs. It was fully owned in her name, part of the divorce settlement. Richard owned dozens of properties and he'd offered her one just to get her out of his hair that much faster.

Kathleen started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. But she wasn't going home. She felt angry, and wanted to chase that feeling, letting the lights decide where she went while she stewed in her vitriolic mood.

She grumbled and cursed as she drove, reliving countless conversations with Richard where she'd backed down or made a sacrifice for his benefit. She replayed them now, speaking up for herself or otherwise giving Richard a piece of her mind. She'd never gotten what she wanted; she'd always deferred to him, and now she was pissed.

Some forty minutes later, her rage exhausted, Kathleen realized she was lost and pulled over to the curb to access GPS on her phone. After blindly fumbling in her purse for several seconds without success, she pulled the bag into her lap to search it properly.

Not a single item in that purse was hers. Some of them she couldn't even identify. "Wait, this isn't my purse!" She exclaimed, baffled. "How... What..."

Something in the purse drew her attention more than anything else. It seemed to be calling to her. She reached for it...

What is the item?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)