More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by hambo hambo

What does Hilda encounter?

A pair of bold thieves

Standing in the middle of the road are a pair of obvious thieves.

They are decked out in shabby adventuring gear. One is a human woman of average build with short blonde hair. She wears tattered leather armor over her forest green pants and shirt and has a dagger on her belt. She is casually talking to her comrade, a dark elf.

The dark elf is a little shorter than the human. She has long, silver hair done up in a simple ponytail, and is wearing a dark blue cloak that obscures the rest of her equipment.

The sight of the drow gives Hilda pause. She's heard many stories of their cunning and prowess, but she is a brave and mighty knight, and never one to turn from a challenge.

I can take them!

Her hand tightly grips her sword as she slowly approaches the two obvious ne'er-do-wells.

"Oh look, here comes another," chuckles the blonde as she puts her hands on her hips.

"This wont take long..." the drow brazenly declares as she sizes Hilda up.

The comment angers Hilda, causing her to grit her teeth.

I'm going to enjoy humiliating these two!

"Halt," the blonde says, a smile on her face. "This is our road. If you want to cross it, you gotta pay us."

Nothing but petty brigands! Oh well, I could use a warm up.

"This is the king's road, and I am a knight of the realm," Hilda proudly declares. "I do not pay the petty tolls of thieves."

"She called us thieves!" The drow sarcastically declares in mock offense. "The nerve of some people."

"You insult us, simple knight," the blonde says as she stares at Hilda's expensive armor. "And that tends to raise the cost of our toll... by a lot."

"You two are a fool-hardy lot," Hilda declares as she unsheathes her blade.

"Easy friend," the blonde says. "Or you might find our fee is more than you can afford..."

Hilda's blood is boiling now. The sheer hubris of these two!

"I see you need to be taught a lesson," the knight growls as she gets ready to charge.

I'm going to wipe that smug look of their faces!

"No, I think you do," the drow declares as she snaps her fingers.

What did she do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)