More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by hambo hambo

What does Hilda encounter?

A mystical druid

As Hilda travels along the road, she spots a strange, robed figure up ahead. It appears to be a tall, blonde elf. Her hair hangs freely from her shoulders. She is wearing a tattered green cloak and carrying a large, knotty, walking stick.

"Hello?" Hilda calls out as she keeps one hand on the hilt of her blade.

The strange figure turns around. She is quite attractive, if a bit on the skinny side, and her face has the weathered look of a weary, but wise adventurer. She looks Hilda up and down, and for a brief moment, Hilda thinks she sees a look of disgust on the elf's face, but then the traveler smiles.

"Grettings," the blonde woman finally replies in a thick accent Hilda can't quite place. "Ah you trahvelin no-ahth?"

"Uh... y-yes," Hilda responds as it takes her a moment comprehend what the elf is saying.

"Ah am too," the elf says. "Oh!" She quickly bows her head and introduces herself "ah am Mahlgwienn, of the flow-uhed mee-dow."

Hilda blinks her eyes as Mahlgwieen stands back up. "The flowered meadow? Where's that?"

"Eeeit's naht too fah from heeuh, mebbe anotter day oah two," the elven traveler says. "And yew ah?"

Hilda blushes in embarrassment at her lack of manners. "Oh! F-forgive me! I am Hilda, er... Lady Hilda Brandt, a knight of the realm."

"A kni-utt, yew say?" Mahlgwienn says, as she briefly raises her eyebrows.

"Yes," Hilda says. "I come from a long line of proud warriors." She can't help but strike a pose as her pride gets the best of her.

"Oh my," the elf says as she gets a good, long look at all of the gems and jewels embedded in Hilda's expensive armor. "So tell me, Heel-duh, would you mind accompanee-un lil' ol' mee back to mah home? Ah hee-uh these woods is crawlin' with monsters... and thieves..."

Hilda smiles, it is her job to protect people after all. "It would be my pleasure, lead the way."

Mahlgwienn smiles as the two start heading north together along the path.

What does Hilda learn about her new companion?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)